E-brake parts????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
so when i put my ssbc brake kit on my ebrake started to rattle when i was driving. after investigating the sound i found that the clips that held the ebrake shoe in place had broke. quick fix i just took them completely out. i was at pepboys and picked up some now shoes and the clips that came with it. after taking the brakes apart again i seem to have been missing more peices than i originally thought. my ebrake hasnt worked right since i got the truck over 2 years ago. a trip back to pep boys and i got the ebrake parts kit to replace almost all the parts that were misssing. however there is just one more part i need and cant seem to find. the dealer told me they dont sell this single peice by itself, it comes in a big parts kit. it is the lever that connects to the end of the ebrake cable to activate the shoes.

just wondering if anyone has found this part anywhere before??

it is the peice i have labeled as #3 in this picture. let me know if you have any ideas

1261684553.jpg

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Maybe you can find it at an Auto repair shop outside the dealer?

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can return your pep boys kit and buy the kit from GM. Is there a huge price difference, or do you need parts out of both kits?

OP
OP
SSmurdered

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
the pepboys kit was only $16 so im not worried about returning them. the dealer kit was $110 which is doable but i didnt get to see what that all includes. plus it needed to be ordered and all that gay shit. im probably gonna just try to find a junk yard around here with a nbs and go snag it off.

ofcourse im trying to do all this the week of christmas, not making it easy.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't help but wnted to say thanks for the diagram. (saved to computer)

OP
OP
SSmurdered

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
problem solved! got the piece i needed. didnt go to a junk yard or a dealer and it didnt cost me a penny!!! lets just say..... i FOUND one ; ).

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

1262101947.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
LoL sounds like you ran up on an old lady!? :hmm:

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
problem solved! got the piece i needed. didnt go to a junk yard or a dealer and it didnt cost me a penny!!! lets just say..... i FOUND one ; ).

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

1262101947.jpg

lol did you take it from someone without them knowing? I could only imagine going to use my e-brake....only to find out its missing a part:shocked: