dual battery help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonjon

Reaction score
So ive recently came across a second brand new battery for cheap. Ive been looking at putting in dual batteries but wasnt sure if there was any harm in the 2 batteries being different brands and CCA. Should i do it or do both batteries need to be the same.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really a big deal IMO. I have 5 batteries in my truck right now. and for a while i had the stock one up front and 4 much much larger ones in the rear. Never had any problems. Only thing that changed is it started much quicker.. Since then i replaced the stock battery with another larger one. and I still havent had any problems.

OP
OP
Y

yukonjon

Reaction score
OK. thanks for the info. I just heard both ways and I dont want to screw something up using 2 different batteries. I was thinking as long as both are 12 volt then it really shouldnt matter the CCA or brand or anything.

97srad750

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really a big deal IMO. I have 5 batteries in my truck right now. and for a while i had the stock one up front and 4 much much larger ones in the rear. Never had any problems. Only thing that changed is it started much quicker.. Since then i replaced the stock battery with another larger one. and I still havent had any problems.

The new wheels look great. I think they are new, it's the first time I've seen them I think.

qlc1964

qlc1964
Reaction score
you should at least isolate the two batts. get a stinger 200 amp

seloniod to put between them so they won't try to discharge each
other.