Dual Batteries installation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, I've seen guns stashed in the engine compartment before, but not food, haha cops always look in the car and in the trunk, never seen one ever pop the hood and look there.

yukon702

Reaction score
For the last 6 months since I bought this truck, I have been using the empty second battery location for food runs transporting Jack in the Box etc so it stays hot and doesnt smell up the rig.
Gonna lose that when my battery dies and I replace with 2 new ones and cables......waiting for battery to die......

That's some funny shit

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, really? I've never even thought of that before. I wonder what people must think if they see you putting food under your hood! I can relate tho.
You can cook a whole thanksgiving meal on your way to your moms house under the hood let alone keep your jack in the box warm

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a Top Gear episode where the crew tried to fry eggs on the engine block. They were cooked, but not delicious.

I would install a battery isolator. I would install a deep cycle and/or AGM battery in the #2 position and use it for running an inverter for power tools.

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
There was a Top Gear episode where the crew tried to fry eggs on the engine block. They were cooked, but not delicious.

I would install a battery isolator. I would install a deep cycle and/or AGM battery in the #2 position and use it for running an inverter for power tools.

I agree for running tools an isolator and deep cycle is the best way to go.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I end up keeping my GMT800 Denali I may look into a dual battery mod for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518