DTC P0011 A Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced. Stabilitrak/Traction Control turning off,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ennis_D

Reaction score
'08 Yukon Denali w/ 165,*** miles. Stabilitrak and Traction Control turning off constantly and showing CEL/DTC P0011 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced.

Looking for solutions to the issue. I have researched and found the cam position actuator solenoid and magnet to be the culprit for some. I know that fix is on the cheaper end of chasing down this issue.

Any input and advice would be great!

Thanks,

Travis

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced both the actuator and magnet, they cel can back after a week. Still can't figure it out. The stabilitrack and code pop up at least 3x a week. Been too lazy to take it in to see what the issue is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSGKUNERT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same thing this past spring. Overheated and dyed on the interstate then would run really sporatic. I replaced the Camshaft position sensor and have had zero problems since. Was a pain to remove the water pump but couldn't do it without. Also took probably 3X the amount of time because I broke off the plastic sensor in the block and had to fish it out. Be careful because the plastic parts are aged and brittle.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'08 Yukon Denali w/ 165,*** miles. Stabilitrak and Traction Control turning off constantly and showing CEL/DTC P0011 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced.

Looking for solutions to the issue. I have researched and found the cam position actuator solenoid and magnet to be the culprit for some. I know that fix is on the cheaper end of chasing down this issue.

Any input and advice would be great!

Thanks,

Travis
Let us know if you track down the problem. I would like to fix it once and for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

Ennis_D

Reaction score
Could someone supply me the current, correct, PN's for both the cam position actuator solenoid as well as cam position sensor? I have what I think is correct written down, just want to confirm.

TIA guys!

OP
OP
E

Ennis_D

Reaction score
Okay guys, Im going to perform an oil change with DEXOS approved full synthetic 5w-30 and AC Delco filter. I will follow that up with a change of the camshaft position sensor. AC Delco PN 2133826.

Once I have made those changes, I will post an update to the thread.

Thanks guys!

OP
OP
E

Ennis_D

Reaction score
Okay guys, update:

Changed oil and proceeded to change the oil pressure sensor along with the cam position sensor. OPS went just fine. It was my second one as I had changed it on my wife's first Denali. Cam position sensor, not so much!

Sensor basically broke off at the plug and then again at the o-ring seal leaving it stuck in the timing cover. Pulled balancer, water pump and timing cover to remove it. I had to buy the Kent Moore J-41478 & J-41665 balancer installer (~$100 through Atlantic City Pickers on the bay) to reinstall the balancer. Also, I purchased new ACDelco timing cover gasket, front crank seal, water pump gaskets (x2) as well as new balancer bolt. After Kent Moore tool arrived, I put the car back together this afternoon, filled up coolant and made sure system was bled and drove the truck around town.

No CEL as of yet but Stabilitrack light and traction control lights came back on after stopping for dinner and starting the truck back up.

Wasn't a bad job until the sensor broke off in the timing cover.

Whats the next step for the warning lights?

Note: You WILL need a balancer removal tool that is "specific" to these trucks and you WILL need to purchase a balancer install tool that IS specific to these trucks with the 6.2. The ones from your local hardware store WILL NOT work as they will not reach the threads in the crank snout that are about 3.5" deep before they start. Either that or make you one from a 10.8 steel M16X2.0 bolt that is about 9-10" long with a matching nut and washer to act as a pusher.

Any idea of where to turn now would be awesome!

Thanks guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts