Stabilitrak and traction control off & P0010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Esko07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello again all! I recently had a broken valve on cylinder 3 of my 2007 Escalade and just got it back on the road. Since then, it fires right up and drives pretty good except for a few concerns.

1. Stabilitrak and traction control off 100% of the time on startup. I have noticed that if I clear the messages on idle after startup and slightly turn steering wheel then Stabilitrk Off will show up. This has me leading towards a failed Steering Wheel Position Sensor. Anyone have any thoughts? I have scanner that reads ABS and code C0561 shows up but I believe that is just to alert me that Stabilitrak has been turned off.

2. I also believe my rear air compressor for air ride may be burnt out as I have not heard it engage in quite some time and get a loud squeak when going over speed bumps in the rear. This could be another cause of Traction Control being disengaged?

3. I am also battling a CEL for Code P0010 that is in relation to the cam position actuator module circuit open bank 1. I have checked connections multiple times and seems fine. Just had actuator replaced. Maybe a bad unit?

4. Lastly, upon shifting in to reverse it says parking assist off everytime. I started to think of grounding issue but have cleaned all grounds but hasn't helped any.

Truck has 112,000 miles and I just threw 1,000's of dollars at it. Really hoping to start to break this down and figure it out.

Thank you!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like time to invest a tech2
the stabiltrak issue could be the steering wheel sensor
as for the air ride, you can reach under and squeeze one of the rear shock bladders and see if it is flat or full.
if they are flat then yes the pump could be dead, but if this is the case it's usually because there is a leak (like shocks worn out) and this makes the pump run much more than usual and burns it out. being you have 112k the later is most likely the shocks start to go out typically in the 85k range, inspect them, usually if there blown out it's pretty apparent if not you can fill them with air and spray them down with a mix of soap and water to check for leaks.
if the shock bladder is full and firm it could be the relief valve on the compressor is stuck and not releasing air.
no idea on the cam position sensor but generally a open circuit is a short somewhere either a broken wire or grounded or it's bad, if there was engine work done it's possible it may just need a relearn but doubtful.
reverse sensor issue could be a bad sensor or a short or the module is defective, if you have anything on the rear of the vehicle like a bike carrier or something it could be blocking the sensors.
again a tech2 would be pretty helpful for most of it.