Driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daktari

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a front bumper light bar to accommodate driving lights? Nothing dramatic or showy, likely a couple of HID or LED driving lights to help with those back country roads.

Thanks!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year/make/model?

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in a 15 Yukon XL Denali light bar if it was low profile. We live out about 20 miles from the closest town and the roads are very dark.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add ons look bush..
I would just replace the existing fog light bulbs with a 6000k HID kit.
That'll be enough....

OP
OP
D

daktari

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and somewhat agree-hence the original comment about something subtle. The reality is for people that need "real lighting", throwing an HID kit will do little. Lights are very much about the reflectors and fog lights disperse the light. If you have ever driven with good quality HID or LED proper driving lights you will see the dramatic difference they make.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get your point.
The front clip of the Yukon really doesn't leave a natural spot to mount anything aftermarket. If you aren't concerned about ascetics, I would imagine that you could slap on a multitude of different lights.

LED lighting is new, but not necessarily better than HID. Over time LED lighting loses lumens. LED is Less complicated and cheaper for sure for GM. I run Phillips 6000k HID kits on all of my vehicles. I also live rural, and the Phillips kit is more than enough lighting. I never use my fogs.
When you consider the Denali comes stock with HIDs and then you add a second set (considering fog light reflectors) it would be a tasteful and dramatic improvement.

JMHO of course.

Last edited:

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
George, are you saying in laymans terms put in a brighter bulb or does the housing have to be changed?

My F250 has a lightbar with 4 KC lights that will burn the eye sockets out of racoons, but it would look ugly on a Denali.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
George, are you saying in laymans terms put in a brighter bulb or does the housing have to be changed?

My F250 has a lightbar with 4 KC lights that will burn the eye sockets out of racoons, but it would look ugly on a Denali.

Well, that's my point.
IMO, it'll look redneck if you mount aftermarket lighting on this truck. I am a little OCD, but I think anyone would agree.

I haven't checked into it, but I know HID kits are available for fogs. jwspeaked.com may have an LED application. I haven't checked.
Either way, there is only one non redneck option, and that's to upgrade the fog lighting to HID.

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added a pushbar and there mounted some LED fogs, a nice 24 or 32 inch rigid led light bar would look pretty nice as well
030eba6907e66dfe1b4067b1c029f8dc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700