Drivers side power mirror not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a 2008 Tahoe which the drivers side power mirror does not work. However the passengers side works properly. Any way of testing this? I did take it apart months ago and cleaned the contacts but it didn't work.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If all the controls for that mirror stopped, I would suspect the master switch. When it is in the center position, does it light up and then the light goes out when you pick one side or the other? My 05 does but my switch looks different than yours does. Also, my mirrors are new enough that I have not had a fold away problem yet but have seen threads here about the grit and dirt that builds up where they pivot in and out from the body. Have to clean that out and use some spray silicone lube and wipe clean, periodically.

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
thats good to know. I will try cleaning it.
All of the buttons work yes and lights up.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
IMO, you problem is from the switch to the mirror and all points in between. Is there separate relays or fuses for that mirror? Have you looked at those?

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
IMO, you problem is from the switch to the mirror and all points in between. Is there separate relays or fuses for that mirror? Have you looked at those?
Not yet. I thought the fuses would be on the same line as the passengers side. I will check this tomorrow for sure.

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
So I checked the 2A fuse which does power both mirrors. I pulled it and it was good. I opened up the actuator inside of the mirror assembly however I could not find a similar part number. It was more rectangle and what I was looking at online was circular. I think I will just buy the entire mirror and call it a day as it looks to be the original.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Gobs to pick from here depending on your options:https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...assembly,outside+mirror+&+glass+assembly,1304

If you supply all your options, like puddle/courtesy light, heated, off road package and if chrome....I will look for you at GM sites and give you a GM number to get a good Genuine GM mirror instead of the aftermarket stuff. Unless you are looking for a mirror that will be cheap and who knows how long will work.

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
Gobs to pick from here depending on your options:https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...assembly,outside+mirror+&+glass+assembly,1304

If you supply all your options, like puddle/courtesy light, heated, off road package and if chrome....I will look for you at GM sites and give you a GM number to get a good Genuine GM mirror instead of the aftermarket stuff. Unless you are looking for a mirror that will be cheap and who knows how long will work.
Off road package- Power Fold Away; w/Heat; w/o Memory; w/o Dimming; w/ Turn Signal; w/Puddle Lamps

Well in the process of troubleshooting as the part number on the actuator was rubbed off I tried to get my passenger side mirror off and sort of cracked it. Ill probably need as well. I would just change both at the same time.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those aftermarket ones bounce all around, stick with OEM. Ah, I can't remember the OE supplier, starts with a G and its not Grote. If memory serves, their name is molded onto the inside of the mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe