Driver's Side Lumbar Does Not Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have power seats and my lumbar support switch does not work on the driver's seat. Every other power feature on the seat works (i.e. moving forwards/backwards/up/down). When I push the lumbar button I can hear it trying to work, but I don't feel anything. Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this? Could it be something as simple as a blown fuse or a broken wire? Thanks for any help!

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats funny because I have the exact opposite problem. My lumbar works on the drivers side, but nothing else does( i.e. moving front, back, up/down). What year is your truck, mines an 01 Yukon. Searching the forums now trying to get some insight. I messed with it once and found a relay that I thought could be the issue, but have yet to replace it. Let me know if you figure it out.

OP
OP
U

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2007. Let me know if you figure anything out and I'll do the same.

dm600

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is a 2007. Let me know if you figure anything out and I'll do the same.

You need a new lumbar assembly. Take the back of your seat off and you will likely find that the cable is broken. If so the seat back cover must be partially removed to replace the unit.

OP
OP
U

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I'm guessing that that is not an easy nor cheap replacement? Could it just be a blown fuse?

dm600

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A blown fuse would cut the power to the unit and you said you heard the motor operating. Blown fuse would be worse, you dont want to track the short to ground!

Freenaz

Reaction score
Mine had the same problem when I went to look at originally. You could hear it trying to work but it would only move up and down not inflate. I had the seller take care of it before I bought the vehicle. The dealer replaced a gear in the lumbar motor assemble that had broken. Didn't sound that difficult he had the vehicle back within a couple hours.

OP
OP
U

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I probably should have done that before I bought mine. I bet the dealer charges a lot of money for something like that. Anyone know if this could be an easy fix? Or how to access the gear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn