driver window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FFTodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i'm new to the forum and joined because I just bought my wife a 2015 (used) Tahoe today. I did some searching and couldn't find anything previously covered, so here's my issue-- I'm not sure if there is a problem with the driver window or if this is some feature I don't quite understand...

When I use the auto-up feature the window rolls up to the closed position, and then rolls back down about halfway and stops there. The only way it stays up is if I hold the switch halfway to raise the window until it closes. The other 3 windows behave as I would expect. The only thing I can find in the manual that could be the problem is the possible need for reprogramming of the window motor. I've tried following the directions regarding that but can't get it to change anything.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a dealer fix. Happened in my old car because i left door open during a rain storm and the water got into the wiring and messed it up...

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
 1. Ignition ON.
 2. Starting with the window completely UP, press and hold the power window switch until the window is fully open and continue holding the switch down for approximately 5 seconds after the window is completely open.
 3. Pull the power window switch up until the window is fully closed and continue holding the switch up for approximately 5 seconds after the window is completely closed.
The window should now be normalized and the window should perform the express up and express down functions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401