Driver side blows hot air while passenger Cold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I replaced the battery in my 04 and when I did i started having issues with my drivers side A/C being hot while the passenger side is blowing cold. I looked around and found that removing the (-) negative post for about 30 mins would fix this. I did so and now the drivers side blows hot all the time not random like before. Any ideas? I thought the door actuator but it moves fine from defrost to feet to center. THANKS!!

A623Z

Reaction score
I don't know how that works but I found a site on silverados where a guy changed his battery and lost memory on his computer. he took it to the dealer to recode and it fixed his issue

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm always full of hot air and the wife's side is usually frigid ... I took her to the dealer but was told this was normal.

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called my dealer and they said "Most likely its the door actuator, i have 15 in stock and sold 23 this year". And yes this is a problem for alot of people, i took mine apart cleaned everything (to see if a gear was broken or anything) and put it back in (was on the way to my dealer to buy one) and what do you know cold air.... constant. Im very happy it worked i guess since there isnt a cabin air filter it just gets dirt in it and crap idk, yall can try it and see, just be sure you mark the position of the gears and dont get em mixed up and clean all your conections. HOPE THIS HELPS!!! :party33:

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you take off to get to it? I have the same issue.

If its the dual climate and the drivers side is hot while passenger side is cold, look under your dash were the foot output comes from, and follow it to the center of your dash and youll see it, it should be facing the drivers door. Its black and has a white lable with a barcode on it, its held in by 3 gold screws (2 on the side and 1 at the top) and has a 4 or 5 wire harness coming from it. cant get any pics cause i broke my camera but if you look up what the actuator looks like youll see it. and sry for the long explenation.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IT is also an easy change, the biggest issue with changing it is getting the "Top" screw out of the old actuator and back into the new acutator without removing the center console. I have changed a good number of these on many different model GM trucks, but the ones that have this issue most often seem to be the trucks with dual climate control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo