2003 Yukon XL 1500 Blowing Hot Air on passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calebdurfee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi. Anyone know what's going on here? I thought that the blend door actuator went bad (and it had - it was making a bunch of noise) because the car was blowing boiling hot air only on the passenger side, and working totally fine on in the rest of the car. Then, after MUCH irritation and a couple drops of blood from my knuckles and arm...I finally replaced that passenger blend door actuator. I then recalibrated the HVAC system as a whole, as well as the controller as well. I still have hot air blowing out of the passenger side! Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Caleb

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to insult your competence, but are you sure you got the correct actuator? Lots of them under there and the passenger side temp is top center, under the dash pad and near a vent. I had the same issue and replacing that sumbitch fixed me up.

Is it manual or auto climate control? How did you calibrate the doors and controller - tech2?

Did you use an OEM part?

IMG_20201105_151226.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

@swathdiver can help give you some perspective on this issue.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hi. Anyone know what's going on here? I thought that the blend door actuator went bad (and it had - it was making a bunch of noise) because the car was blowing boiling hot air only on the passenger side, and working totally fine on in the rest of the car. Then, after MUCH irritation and a couple drops of blood from my knuckles and arm...I finally replaced that passenger blend door actuator. I then recalibrated the HVAC system as a whole, as well as the controller as well. I still have hot air blowing out of the passenger side! Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Caleb
Which actuator did you change out? The passenger actuator is located on top of the dash.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks,

Caleb
Caleb, can you tell us exactly which actuator you replaced on top and the part number used? How did you perform the calibration?

I once installed the wrong actuator, calibrated the module and it blew the opposite of the desired temperature as I put in the wrong one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019