Driver seat loose??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
So
Hey guys,
any update on this issue? I am having similar problems. My 21 is one of the first as I bought it last year around this time. I had to have the seat ripped apart a few times for the safety restraint issues. The seat makes noise over any bump or shift in weight and just does not feel right. Going to take it in as I have a few other recalls.

Mike
Sorry buddy….forgot to leave an update. Yes the dealership got the seat base assembly, replaced it and now all is fixed, except the seat side covers where the seat adjustment switches are. They broke a clip or two while putting it pack together so now that is a new VIP part that is on order

pjdpro71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never did anything with mine. Feel like the problem went away for the most part. Not sure if maybe is temperature driven. It hasn’t been bothering me enough to take in but will mention the next time I bring in. I bought mine in October 2020.

So this is with regards to the driver seat in my ‘21 Yukon Denali. Now I am unfortunately a hefty 300lb guy. For some odd reason only during breaking or taking turns I feel like my driver’s seat nudges/clicks/shimmies forward or to the side my weight shifts during turns. The truck barely has 500 miles on it. Is it normal because I’m heavy and I should accept this or should I register this with my dealer. I don’t have this issue with any of my other cars and neither have I had this issue in any of my previous GM trucks.
It is a little annoying and it won’t make me feel any better if the dealer tells me “lose weight” or the typical answer of “we couldn’t find anything”. I’ve tried pushing the seat around while I’m off it to see if any mounts were lose, but nothing, so I’m certain it’s because of my mass on the seat. What do you guys think?
I also have a shifting seat in my 2021 GMC Yukon AT4
This YouTube video will show how to fix our problem..

pjdpro71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this is with regards to the driver seat in my ‘21 Yukon Denali. Now I am unfortunately a hefty 300lb guy. For some odd reason only during breaking or taking turns I feel like my driver’s seat nudges/clicks/shimmies forward or to the side my weight shifts during turns. The truck barely has 500 miles on it. Is it normal because I’m heavy and I should accept this or should I register this with my dealer. I don’t have this issue with any of my other cars and neither have I had this issue in any of my previous GM trucks.
It is a little annoying and it won’t make me feel any better if the dealer tells me “lose weight” or the typical answer of “we couldn’t find anything”. I’ve tried pushing the seat around while I’m off it to see if any mounts were lose, but nothing, so I’m certain it’s because of my mass on the seat. What do you guys think?