Driver seat control working backwards

Discussion in 'Interior' started by dojrs, Aug 30, 2018.

1. dojrs

dojrs Member

Name:
    james
    I have an 05 LT w/ power seats. Passenger seat works perfectly, driver seat control is working backwards. Push it forward seat goes back, push it back seat goes forward. And the rear “screw” motor won’t turn. I hear it clicking so I know it’s getting power to it. Please help this is bothersome.

2. Big Mama

Big Mama Full Access Member

Name:
    Steven
    The control does more than back and forth. Doesn’t it also do up down and tilt? My guess is that motor you hear Clovis binding up the movement. Can you raise the seat as high as you can and look under it while you move the front/back selector?

3. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    Do some hard searching. The answer is on here. It has been attributed to two things iirc.

1. A bad ground somewhere
    2. A program flash /update to a module, driver door switch module, maybe...

swathdiver likes this.
  4. mountie

mountie Member

Name:
    Peter
    Funny..... buying my '05 SLT 6 months ago, that was the only thing that was odd. My driver's "forward/back / up-down" switch is also backwards. I thought something was serviced, and re-installed backwards? All other switches are fine on the seat.

I just got used to it. ( I have seat memory anyway)..... I was not sure if I only need to turn the switch around?

Beats me....

5. dojrs

dojrs Member

Name:
    james
    i took my driver's seat out maybe two weeks ago and took that side panel off of the seat and thought the same thing but that is not an option to flip the switch it self over. my next thought is to call a local stealership and ask them about the update for that module. see if the cost is actually worth the hassle. if anyone else has done the update can y'all advise what you paid for it, or if it falls under a recall.