Driver/Passenger side fuse box questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to install dash cam and accessories to my vehicle, and I have some questions regarding 15+ Tahoe/Yukon fuse box.

1- Is fuse type used Micro2?
2- Although that many spots shown as (empty or spare), fuses cannot be hold there and I guess no metal contact is there. So it is useless.
Any suggestions? Would like to use a specific spot for each accessory, not to share fuses. If so, what fuse should I share as a safe option? Such as sharing a heating steering wheel fuse taking in consideration Amps and Volts.

689f1ce4de6dd1078ebbb3b5864af447.jpg

de110e8751181663387bf5f227870173.jpg

a33de052d717f2ecdb8b00186bc8a6d6.jpg

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most spots use micro micro 2. I have tapped into circuits like a tail light or licence light.I have 2 dash cams and have had no problems using a circuit that is always live as the cam does not use much power for years..They sometimes record for days with no problems.Just use a test light and pick safe fuses like lights ,not sensitive fuses for memory or Computer.

OP
OP
SARNCAN

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most spots use micro micro 2. I have tapped into circuits like a tail light or licence light.I have 2 dash cams and have had no problems using a circuit that is always live as the cam does not use much power for years..They sometimes record for days with no problems.Just use a test light and pick safe fuses like lights ,not sensitive fuses for memory or Computer.

So why all those empty fuse spot exists?
My concern is the over use of the fuse and wires above ratings, if so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas