Electrical Questions for a 2011 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PopoPackage2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

2011 PPV

Couple of questions.

When I hit the brakes, only the 3rd brake light works. Passenger and driver side brake/reverse lights are all working when the lights are on. Also, passenger side rear turn signal does not work-when I hit it, it blinks fast as if there was a short/the bulb is out. Where should I start? Brake switch by pedal? Not sure about a fuse because of the 3rd brake light working fine. All front lights fully operational.

Second, I am only getting heat in the rear, how to troubleshoot if its the vent door actuator or the front blower fan? Fuses looked good....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Download a copy of your Owner's Manual from GM's site. Find the fusebox diagrams and charts, and note that the driver's side interior fusebox has separate fuses for the left, the right, and the CHMSL. Three different fuses.

OP
OP
PopoPackage2011

PopoPackage2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Digging around underneath steering wheel, anyone recognize these purple wires or this device? Maybe rear speaker or door lock wiring? The spliced out thicker gauge wires lead to nowhere (device is not hotted up and bypassed)unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

OP
OP
PopoPackage2011

PopoPackage2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bulbs been verified as good? Have voltage to the bulb sockets?
Bulbs good, as they work fine when lights are on at night. Just no brake light signal except 3rd brake lite. My sincere apologies for replying all weird, still learning how to use this forum properly.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Digging around underneath steering wheel, anyone recognize these purple wires or this device? Maybe rear speaker or door lock wiring? The spliced out thicker gauge wires lead to nowhere (device is not hotted up and bypassed)View attachment 413449View attachment 413450
Hell no lol. Why didn't they solder those wires. That department probably paid them thousands of dollars for that

OP
OP
PopoPackage2011

PopoPackage2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hell no lol. Why didn't they solder those wires. That department probably paid them thousands of dollars for that
The purple wires are in the OEM harness. The device is probably some aftermarket fuel system thing.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The purple wires are in the OEM harness. The device is probably some aftermarket fuel system thing.
Seems to aggregate fuel related data - consumption, MPG, etc for asset management.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts