Driver Information Center (DIC) Display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xtremels1z28,

Yes, I am happy to assist. You may contact me via email at [email protected] and put Attention Jennifer T. in the subject line. Also, in the email please include a brief overview of your concern, full name, address, phone number, VIN, exact mileage, and preferred dealership.

Thank you,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To anyone still having issues with this I got mine fixed this past weekend. The issue is not wiring related, it's something with the "mother board" for lack of a better term.

The dash cluster when you take it out breaks down into 4 pieces. The back, motherboard, gauge face and finally the clear cover on the front. The back and clear front come off easily just by depressing the tabs. You have to remove the needles to seperate the green motherboard from the gauge face. The issue of the DIC and gear selector going out is because the solder and chip bascially burn up. You can replace the chip when you resolder it or not. I had mine replaced and all is well. There is also a guy in Dallas that you can send your cluster to that will fix it for about $100. PM for details if you want since I'm unsure of the non-sponsor rules.

stbdtack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also just starting having this issue with my 2007 Yukon XL. Will be taking it to my local mechanic whom I trust sharing this information and will share back findings to the forum. Very happy with my vehicle at 97,000 miles with not too many issues since new. Glad to find this forum as I intend to keep the girl going as she is my Airstream tow vehicle and upper midwest troutmobile.

stbdtack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had my local mechanic check it out and is as ulakovic22 stated. The electrical board needs to be refurbished. I am not a DIYer so about $400 to fix.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my local mechanic check it out and is as ulakovic22 stated. The electrical board needs to be refurbished. I am not a DIYer so about $400 to fix.

$400 is a lot to do the job. It literally takes 45 minutes to fix, just pop out the cluster, fix it and reinstall. If you figure $100 to fix it, you are paying $300 to R&R the cluster. If you haven't already got it fixed give it a shot.

stbdtack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement but like I said I am not a DIYer. I am in the Chicago area and my mechanic said the cost for the refurb place they use was about $275 and an hour to install. He did say they have done this more than a few times for this era GM truck.

buckbadly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To anyone still having issues with this I got mine fixed this past weekend. The issue is not wiring related, it's something with the "mother board" for lack of a better term.

The dash cluster when you take it out breaks down into 4 pieces. The back, motherboard, gauge face and finally the clear cover on the front. The back and clear front come off easily just by depressing the tabs. You have to remove the needles to seperate the green motherboard from the gauge face. The issue of the DIC and gear selector going out is because the solder and chip bascially burn up. You can replace the chip when you resolder it or not. I had mine replaced and all is well. There is also a guy in Dallas that you can send your cluster to that will fix it for about $100. PM for details if you want since I'm unsure of the non-sponsor rules.

I see this is an older thread, but you wouldn't by chance have a pic or know where I can find one of the chip that needs resoldered? I just started having this issue with my Tahoe and I am fairly proficient at soldering so I was gonna give it a shot. Will it look "burnt" or melted? Sorry if this is a dead thread. Just trying to get this fixed.

Fred_e81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is an older threat but this just happened to me as well. Only the electronic display went out and not the gauges. Go to ebay and look uptradesman2013. You purchase his services and send him the cluster to be fixed. He is located in Austin,TX. I shipped mine on Monday and had it back by Saturday and works as good as new. His charge was $50 plus shipping to him. I highly recommend his services.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this is an older thread, but you wouldn't by chance have a pic or know where I can find one of the chip that needs resoldered? I just started having this issue with my Tahoe and I am fairly proficient at soldering so I was gonna give it a shot. Will it look "burnt" or melted? Sorry if this is a dead thread. Just trying to get this fixed.

Unfortunately I don't know where to get the chip, I would imagine you can get them from the dealership, or at least that's where I would start. Yes it will look burnt, the guy described it to me and said it overheats and burns.

nofaz

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Yukon Denali and am disappointed with the lack of brightness on the DIC. I've driven other GM stuff of this type and they also have a very dim DIC during the day. Is there a mod out there to improve the brightness? I'm betting some lawyer told an engineer how bright it could be!