Driver door rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAYukoner

Reaction score
I’ve tried searching all over and besides taking the door apart there aren’t too many answers. I guess next oil change I have them deal with it even tho I doubt their ability to fix either

2021 Yukon couple months old and the constant rattle and noise from the driver door is beginning to drive me crazy. I cannot pin point the location of it but it’s loud and constant. One would think an 84k truck could go more than a month without that. More venting than anything I guess but if anyone has experienced this and has any thoughts it would be appreciated.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a rattle from the driver side door column where the seat belt is. It's minor and I plan to have it looked at under warranty.

like2detail

Reaction score
It's pretty amazing how many rattles start to pop up around the 3k mile range. I was super impressed at first but am now annoyed on road trips. I've got one in the dash, either the HUD or center speaker. Haven't found it yet. Also under the glove compartment somewhere. At home on my normal routes it's great but on road trips through rough areas I lose my mind. Best of luck! My door panels are still good at 6k miles.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty amazing how many rattles start to pop up around the 3k mile range. I was super impressed at first but am now annoyed on road trips. I've got one in the dash, either the HUD or center speaker. Haven't found it yet. Also under the glove compartment somewhere. At home on my normal routes it's great but on road trips through rough areas I lose my mind. Best of luck! My door panels are still good at 6k miles.
Yep, unfortunately I am now experiencing many rattles with my SECOND 2021 Yukon. I have 2300 miles now on my AT4 and have rattles in dash and both rear doors or floor areas. I know heat is a factor (cheap plastic expands and then rubs) with the dash noise and not sure where the rattles come from around doors or even captain chairs. They come and go, but are loud. They don't seem related to the window motor rattle TSB.

like2detail

Reaction score
Yep, unfortunately I am now experiencing many rattles with my SECOND 2021 Yukon. I have 2300 miles now on my AT4 and have rattles in dash and both rear doors or floor areas. I know heat is a factor (cheap plastic expands and then rubs) with the dash noise and not sure where the rattles come from around doors or even captain chairs. They come and go, but are loud. They don't seem related to the window motor rattle TSB.
I ordered some "anti-rattle" tape from Amazon that had good reviews and I plan to start taking care of things over the next few weeks. I'm going to start with the lower console and climate control panel. All that stuff is plastic and it's creaking constantly over every little bump in the road. I'm thinking that small area will be a good test for this stuff. I've used similar products before and had decent results just isolating the panels from each other with this felt tape. I'll post an update and my thoughts. Wish I could just trade it in and get a new one every 2500 miles, I miss that beautiful quiet cabin!

Reaction score
So trying to figure it out on your own is a more efficient way to spend your time?

Dropping it off somewhere for a day and let them figure it out while you go do your busy work seems like a better way to me

Reaction score
I’ve tried searching all over and besides taking the door apart there aren’t too many answers. I guess next oil change I have them deal with it even tho I doubt their ability to fix either

2021 Yukon couple months old and the constant rattle and noise from the driver door is beginning to drive me crazy. I cannot pin point the location of it but it’s loud and constant. One would think an 84k truck could go more than a month without that. More venting than anything I guess but if anyone has experienced this and has any thoughts it would be appreciated.
My suburban had that. Turned out to be a loose bolt holding the electric window motor. There are about 5 bolts. Check them all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14