Driver door pull

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racerx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to repair driver door pull/armrest on 2012?

Thanks

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give some more details on the exact problem.

Like in my 013, the driver side door panel handle is cracked, rubber tends to pop upwards, because the handle is cheap plastic.. and can't handle being used to close the door and cracks/breaks over time?

Yeah smart ass answer. the plastic broke, and if you open it there is a lot of "filler plastic" in it to give it "volume'" ..

the answer is probably, nothing much you can do... it is just a cheap door panel

Ron

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Lowes, wrapped the handle in saran wrap then in duct tape and sprayes locktite foam inside the handle. Let it sit for a day then removed tape and wrap. Handle is solid, a little bit of foam can be seen, but its okay

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Lowes, wrapped the handle in saran wrap then in duct tape and sprayes locktite foam inside the handle. Let it sit for a day then removed tape and wrap. Handle is solid, a little bit of foam can be seen, but its okay

Sorry, been a really long time but found it again, was away for work for months.

If one wraps the armrest in saran wrap and tape it up, how did you get the foam in?

thanks,

Ron

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did what Kee mentioned, works REALLY well:

I started that yesterday. I used masking tape to hold the armrest in place, and to tape off the crevices etc. Then wrapped it in plastic wrap, and duct tape over that. it worked really well!!, it's actually pretty sturdy, and almost no "spillage".

Thanks for the tip!!

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts