Driver Door Light Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
SOLVED. Underneath the driver door "power window master control" (for lack of a better term) are 4 plugs, one of which has a latching mechanism that holds the plug into the switch block. When I removed the door panel to upgrade the door speaker, I noticed that the latching mechanism was broken in two places, probably from someone removing it previously. When I tried to put it back together, it broke into a bunch of pieces. I drove over the local salvage yard and purchased a door harness so I get that latch off of another plug and swap it onto mine. Buying the whole harness was the only option and it was $35 bucks! Interestingly enough, I had re-installed the original door latch and double checked all of the three wiring connections there. When I started plugging in those 4 connectors located under the power window master control, I noticed that the interior lights came on once I latched that plug into place. I have tested it numerous times and everything seems to be working correctly now. So for future reference, all plugs on the door must be connected (correctly) when testing lighting and such... Thanks for all who helped me out with direction here.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOLVED. Underneath the driver door "power window master control" (for lack of a better term) are 4 plugs, one of which has a latching mechanism that holds the plug into the switch block. When I removed the door panel to upgrade the door speaker, I noticed that the latching mechanism was broken in two places, probably from someone removing it previously. When I tried to put it back together, it broke into a bunch of pieces. I drove over the local salvage yard and purchased a door harness so I get that latch off of another plug and swap it onto mine. Buying the whole harness was the only option and it was $35 bucks! Interestingly enough, I had re-installed the original door latch and double checked all of the three wiring connections there. When I started plugging in those 4 connectors located under the power window master control, I noticed that the interior lights came on once I latched that plug into place. I have tested it numerous times and everything seems to be working correctly now. So for future reference, all plugs on the door must be connected (correctly) when testing lighting and such... Thanks for all who helped me out with direction here.
There’s a lot of stuff that runs through those switches and yes they all have to be plugged in. Glad you figured it out. And thanks for following up. :happy107:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for anyone else reading this, if you DO need new switches, it is pretty easy to just clean them
I need to do that to my mirror adjustment switch. It’s getting hard to adjust them them down. The up button works good though.

AlpineDriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I own a 2004 GMC Yukon and when you open the driver's door the radio and dome light do not shut off. When other doors are open the radio and dome light go off. Does anyone know where the switch is located and what it is called so I can order another.

Thank you

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I own a 2004 GMC Yukon and when you open the driver's door the radio and dome light do not shut off. When other doors are open the radio and dome light go off. Does anyone know where the switch is located and what it is called so I can order another.

Thank you

As shown in post #5 of this thread:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts