Driver Alerts have suddenly started changing from beeps to seat vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Suddenly my 2022 GMC Yukon Denali has developed a mind of its own and changes the driver alert "beeps" to "seat vibration". I go into settings and change the alerts back to beeps and this lasts for a few days and then the next time I drive I notice I am getting Seat vibrations instead of beeps. Anybody else with this problem or know how to correct this?

jeffluan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, I have and still continue to have the same experience. Have you found a resolution?

ChrisW156

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Suddenly my 2022 GMC Yukon Denali has developed a mind of its own and changes the driver alert "beeps" to "seat vibration". I go into settings and change the alerts back to beeps and this lasts for a few days and then the next time I drive I notice I am getting Seat vibrations instead of beeps. Anybody else with this problem or know how to correct this?
My 2023 Tahoe Premier does the exact same thing. I’ve reset everything, tried disconnecting things like phones etc. I think it is related to the most recent software push we all received. It’s annoying as shit.

Redwolf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2023 Tahoe Premier does the exact same thing. I’ve reset everything, tried disconnecting things like phones etc. I think it is related to the most recent software push we all received. It’s annoying as shit.
2023 GMC Yukon Denali - Beeps reverts to vibration almost daily. Have been unable to figure out a pattern or induce “flip” with same shutdown/startup procedure.

Is it a programming error, forcing a reset or is it intentional? In this day of corporate legal concern, maybe GMC firmware guys have been instructed to program vibration as a default to protect users that mistakenly or unknowingly set beeps by mistake!
Just throwing that out there!
Footnote on 2023 GMC Yukon Denali: Both keyfobs were programmed with exact setting, except seat position.

Last edited:

Spro101

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I came to ask this same thing because it’s annoying. I don’t think it has to do with the update because my Yukon has been doing this since I bought it in October 2023. Dealer knew nothing about and I haven’t been able to get it to stop.

Redwolf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I came to ask this same thing because it’s annoying. I don’t think it has to do with the update because my Yukon has been doing this since I bought it in October 2023. Dealer knew nothing about and I haven’t been able to get it to stop.
Is your beeps -> seat vibration random? Sometimes mine will stay on beeps for a couple of days and/or several trips. -Red Wolf

rjmillerjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue. 2023 Tahoe High Country. Calling GM. Has to be handled with the dealer. That went nowhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu