Dragging my feet to throw parts at it, oil pump? Relief valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I don't have it all back together yet to verify but I only dropped pan at this point....

And

20160804_162603.jpg

How did I have any oil pressure at all? What you can't see is the o ring is super flat and brittle, when I took it off I broke it into pieces supppper easy...

I also have a 07 Yukon Denali with low oil pressure. Was it a pain in the a$$ to drop the pan? How long did it take you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

NateDiggity

Reaction score
Pan was a bit of a *****.

Drop cross member
Drop/loosen front diff (left on jack stand)
Drain oil
Remove splash guard/plastic skid plate.
Take off bolts holding on steering rack, didn't remove from truck but let dangle.
Unbolt 3-4 brackets on side of oil pan, unbolt oil pan

If you search you tube there is a video along the lines of 5.3 oil pan drop that is pretty good. He doesn't mention the steering rack but I couldn't get the pan out with out doing so.

I think that about covers it in a nutshell.

I would give yourself 5 hours...

I didn't mine over a few nights after work

OP
OP
N

NateDiggity

Reaction score
Honestly if I were to do it again, I would unbolt the front diff tube at the CV flanges and u joint and REMOVE the front diff, 12 more 13 or 15 mm bolts and a lot more room to work.

Tools need were pretty basic. 10, 13, 15, 18 and I believe 24mm for steering rack. One swivel socket and basic socket wrench. 10mm ratcheting wrench was helpful on pan bracketa, and breaker bar for driver side rack bolts (148 ft pounds). I did it with no air tools as I was doing it at night as my kids slept.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[emoji1417] thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmack