Double din install w/o pac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 yukon denali with factory bose sound system

Can I use a regular radio harness and plug it up ?

I dont want door chimes ,on star or steering controls .

Is there a way to hook the double din without buying that expensive box known as a pac.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
51819569-FDF2-47D5-BC08-03119657795C.jpeg
2004 yukon denali with factory bose sound system

Can I use a regular radio harness and plug it up ?

I dont want door chimes ,on star or steering controls .

Is there a way to hook the double din without buying that expensive box known as a pac.

Where are you located? I have a spare one I’m not using.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can but it'd be more trouble than it's worth with all the extra wiring and tapping into stock harnesses. You can find power, ground and switched pretty easily. Getting signals to the door speakers is the problem. You can run speaker wires from the HU to the doors and replace the door speakers with regular 4 ohm speakers. Or you might can use the RCA outs on the HU and cut the ends off to tap into the inputs to the Bose amp in the factory harness.

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 234367

Where are you located? I have a spare one I’m not using.

Hey Danny sorry for such late response. Recently diagnosed a issue with my denali shutting off turned out the camshaft position sensor went bad I had to drop the starter . But @Danny3737 I'm located in Philadelphia . That would be amazing if you'd help me out with that I'm so anxious to install it .

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the most expensive and best double din in the world but just the feeling to have bluetooth was enough to convince me to buy this . I currently have the stock radio and a cassette tape with the aux wire and it's just a hassle . But this would be a major upgrade.

20191118_000433.jpg

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the most expensive and best double din in the world but just the feeling to have bluetooth was enough to convince me to buy this . I currently have the stock radio and a cassette tape with the aux wire and it's just a hassle . But this would be a major upgrade.

View attachment 234405

Hey Bud,
I’m in NoVa, I’d have to see how much it would cost me to ship it to you. It seems every timeI go by the UPS store in my neighborhood, they rip me off for about $15

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bud,
I’m in NoVa, I’d have to see how much it would cost me to ship it to you. It seems every timeI go by the UPS store in my neighborhood, they rip me off for about $15

Your helping me out already a lot @Danny3737 and I greatly appreciate it. I will pay for the shipping fee

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Danny, if Geo doesn't take it I will, I'm in the process of upgrading my factory nav to an aftermarket HU.
Hey @ivin Is your truck lowered I was looking at your profile picture and I like the way that truck sits . I dislike the big wheel gap on mines

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayukon