Doors locked---Truck running?? How did this happen???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, need your input and expertise as to how NOT to do this again. I have a 2013 Suburban LTZ. This is exactly how it transpired. I drove my aging mom to the Dr. I stop the truck, put it in park to let her out by the door. When you put it in park all the doors open. I open the rear hatch via the overhead button. I go around to her front passenger door after getting her walker out of the back. ( leave it open) I help her out onto walker. ( I think she hit the lock button on door at this point). I go to the back of truck and hit the auto close button on rear hatch. It closes. I go to the drivers door with the truck running and ALL DOORS ARE LOCKED!!!! Disaster. Locksmith spread the door and got it open.

I go home with the windows down try to recreate the situation. Every time I go to lock it while running the drivers door pops open....like it should! What happened, and did I somehow fool the system?? Thanks for you help

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have no idea how it happened but I ALWAYS have a hide a key with an extra key and fob on my rig. I know my 02 will not allow me to lock doors as long as key is in the ignition tumbler. Your's is a strange scenario for sure.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That explains the dilemma then. I just had to go check mine. If engine is running it will lock the doors when the door is closed. If I open the door and try to lock with engine running it will not lock and will not lock if engine is off and key in ignition. I have barn doors so am unsure but I guess it allows for the OP's rig to lock a door when open it if the rear hatch is open?

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen a few years ago. Since then, if I ever leave the keys in the vehicle I lower the window just in case it locks.. Progress!!!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That explains the dilemma then. I just had to go check mine. If engine is running it will lock the doors when the door is closed. If I open the door and try to lock with engine running it will not lock and will not lock if engine is off and key in ignition. I have barn doors so am unsure but I guess it allows for the OP's rig to lock a door when open it if the rear hatch is open?
turn off auto lock in eh menu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14