Doors locked---Truck running?? How did this happen???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Seamus

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! I'll have to see if the auto lock is set? Yes, you can lock the doors with the key in and or running but only if the doors are closed, I do this also when waiting on my wife. But if the door is open and you hit the lock button with it running it automatically opens the driver door. I even tried reproducing what happened and it keeps opening the drivers door!!! I don't know what the hell happened. Definitely putting a key on the frame. 30 years of owing GM trucks, and never had this happen. LOL

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! I'll have to see if the auto lock is set? Yes, you can lock the doors with the key in and or running but only if the doors are closed, I do this also when waiting on my wife. But if the door is open and you hit the lock button with it running it automatically opens the driver door. I even tried reproducing what happened and it keeps opening the drivers door!!! I don't know what the hell happened. Definitely putting a key on the frame. 30 years of owing GM trucks, and never had this happen. LOL
If I am not mistaken and served poorly by my bad memory, if you hit the lock button on the door or the FOB while a door is open, and all the doors get closed within a certain time, I want to say 60 seconds, it will lock the doors. If it a door is open longer than that, it will unlock the doors. I’m not sure if that is a setting that can be turned on or off, but thought I’d throw that out there.

The wife has the Yukon right now so I can’t go and test it at the moment.

Correction: If Delay Door Lock is selected in your options, and you hit the lock switch on the door while the door is open, the doors will remain unlocked you will get a chime. If the open door, or doors, is closed within 60 seconds, the locks will lock 10 seconds or so after the last door is closed.

Last edited:

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
Welp, I have 2010 and it's happened to me twice. Truck running close the door and i could hear it lock (nobody in the truck)

Now i let the window down... :-?

It wasn't your mothers fault!

Last edited:

Fred34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Momma did it! I leave a window open but have Onstar. You guys with the 2010+ can open them with an app on your phone.

Hello, could anyone please inform me about the app to unlock your Yukon / suburban with your phone ??? Thanks.

Reaction score
MyGMC app has a keyfob screen and uses Onstar to lock/unlock, remote start/stop, and honk horn/flash lights.

You can also use apps like GMRC and obdCANex that will connect to a Bluetooth MX or MX+ obd Scantool adapter to do those things, but have to be within Bluetooth range.

Here's a pic of the MyGMC app keyfob that uses Onstar 1e552946f35222e317b0f4c3b0e6d2d8.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Last edited:

Mustangp38

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do that on my Tech 2?
Looking to find out if anyone has had the issue I’m about to describe with my 2008 yukon Denali passenger door handle lock
Ok it acts like the lock is not disengaging properly the handles inside and out feel as though the the door is still locked even though the lock button moves up and down
This started intermittently and I took the door panel off and could find nothing that came unhooked or any visible signs as to why it wasn’t acting right so I let it continue I would hit the button a few times and it would work till it didn’t now neither handle opens the door so now I got to get panel of of closed door and try to figure this out any help would be greatly appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645