Door/warning chime/turn signal click no longer working - 2008 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gildan

Reaction score
This is annoying - my warning chimes and the click sound for the blinkers are no longer working. I've check the speakers in the driver's side, had the module checked, checked the settings in the DIC, BCM, radio, wiring harnesses, etc., I couldn't find anything and the stealership (not a typo) couldn't find anything anywhere. The settings in the DIC are correct and all speakers for the stereo are working. We even checked the ignition switch and associated wiring and whatever the stupid little chime module is. Still no warning chime. Is there some convoluted fix or reset for this problem?

The DIC will warn you about things on the dash, but the chimes are not chiming when the associated warnings come up. This is annoying. LOL!

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny I got rid of my chimes on purpose!

Which radio do you have? I believe the premium/lux radios have the amp generate the chime, whereas the base or regular bose has the headunit generate the chimes.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that the chimes are controlled through the BCM (no external flasher).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is annoying - my warning chimes and the click sound for the blinkers are no longer working. I've check the speakers in the driver's side, had the module checked, checked the settings in the DIC, BCM, radio, wiring harnesses, etc., I couldn't find anything and the stealership (not a typo) couldn't find anything anywhere. The settings in the DIC are correct and all speakers for the stereo are working. We even checked the ignition switch and associated wiring and whatever the stupid little chime module is. Still no warning chime. Is there some convoluted fix or reset for this problem?

The DIC will warn you about things on the dash, but the chimes are not chiming when the associated warnings come up. This is annoying. LOL!
if you are driving 10mph and open the drivers door (while driving) do you get a door open warning in the DIC?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just making sure this is a stock radio? As you also mentioned chime module, which there isn't one unless you went aftermarket radio.

OP
OP
G

Gildan

Reaction score
All stock - problem solved itself on its own by simply turning on the parking assist. If you turn it off, no warning sounds of any type will sound.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve gotta try this. A mute to the wonderful chimes, I’m on it.
LMK if it works! But then you have to disable the park assist everytime? Plus no turn signals? Doesn't sound right..
I've already removed my park assist button and module..

Rodg12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2011 Tahoe LT and when I bought it the owner said the turn signal sound does not exist on these trucks. Anyway, I am trying to now fix it because it's annoying not having the clicking sound. I can only hear the clicking sound in the engine bay with the hood open but inside you don't hear anything. It has an aftermarket radio(Pioneer) installed which I had to fix because it was incorrect. The park assist does not work either I have to have it re-programmed. What can you suggest for getting this turn signal sound to work???

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some aftermarket chime module exists somewhere.. Might check through the audio threads..

The factory radio usually produced those sounds. So you could also go back to stock radio, or wire up a relay to your turn signals for the old school sound..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia