Door squeak from all 4 doors.. remedy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have an annoying door binding/ squeaking sound every time i open any of the 4 doors, especially driver door. I tried putting some synthetic grease on the door hinges, but that only lasted a week.
Can someone recommend lube points and a type of grease that will last for a while.

I am in CA so bad weather usually is not an issue and there is no rust. (2001 denali)

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually a good lubricant does the job but yours sounds like the hinges are binding a little that would be odd for all 4 doors though. Open and watch the bearing to see if it’s rolling. If so lube down inside while opening and closing the door a little until the noise is gone.

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does it too. Rear doors more than the front. Probably because the rear doors don't get used as much. Try some penetrating oil first and get the noise to go away then add some graphite and keep working it to get the oil to take the graphite in. See if that works longer.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fluid Film works well too (metal parts, not on anything rubber). Usually it's that one metal on metal point, mid way up. Sorry, lost for the right terms on this Monday morning.

OP
OP
I

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice everyone.. i looked this weekend. The noise is definitely coming from the hinges, although one door does have a squeak that comes from rubber piece at the top. Lithium grease did mask the noise some on other doors.. but driver side door seems to still have that hinge noise no matter how much grease i add. there must be something else going on.. ill take a closer look this week

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice everyone.. i looked this weekend. The noise is definitely coming from the hinges, although one door does have a squeak that comes from rubber piece at the top. Lithium grease did mask the noise some on other doors.. but driver side door seems to still have that hinge noise no matter how much grease i add. there must be something else going on.. ill take a closer look this week
Driver is most used so that little wheel has to be worked with grease and a screwdriver or replaced total. Mine does exact same.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99% likely it's not the hinge it's the door check/stopper, they wear out and make a lot of noise, grease is only a temporary fix

check.JPG