Door Lock Issue-2013 Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preston123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am experiencing a super weird issue with my key fob:

So when I go to unlock the Yukon when it is sitting locked with the key fob the drivers door will not unlock. But all the other doors will. When I got to get out the car the door unlock button does not work. So I have to slide up the black piece that moves up and down when locked vs unlocked.

I am assuming it’s something with the door itself and not the key fob. Has anyone experienced this or have any guidance.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

A dealer or Indi would use a tech 2 or equivalent to trigger the door to lock / unlock. That would verify if it was the switch or the actuator. If the door doesn’t unlock with the remote when the button is pressed 2x and the master switch on the door opens all the doors except the drivers door, it’s the actuator.

Use your VIN to find the correct part # on Rock Auto . They change after 07-10 to 11-14 and for door location.

From there, shop around for the best price on an OEM factory actuator. There’s too much junk & counterfeit crud to expect more than a few years from aftermarket parts.

Find a good YouTube video on replacing a 11-14 Tahoe, Yukon, Burb or Esky driver door actuator. On the odd chance you find there’s a simple mechanical / electrical disconnect when doing the repair, knowing you can return the part for a refund is a good idea.

Expect a dealer to get about 3-$4h for the job.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it won’t unlock using either the fob, driver door unlock or passenger door unlock switch then it must be the actuator. They're not that hard to replace, just do a search for 2013 Yukon door lock actuator replacement and you’ll find articles and YouTube videos. I recommend OEM parts for these, not the cheap Chinese parts unless you want to do it again soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts