Door Lock Actuator Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the answer is probably "no," but are they rebuildable? My passenger side front lock is hit or miss, lately more miss than hit. When it doesn't actuate you can see it trying to, but not enough oomph to move it from one position to the other. Happens both on lock and unlock. Doesn't matter which switch is used, or the key fob. Linkage binding? Should I take the door panel off and try to clean/lube/etc first or just plan on replacing?

My '09 LS has remote engine start. Apparently I need to get a specific actuator for that feature. Probably this one. The cheaper ones on RA don't delineate for that feature - if I used one of those would it prevent remote start from working?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't recall anyone ever taking one apart on here. @iamdub

I haven't yet. My left rear one is intermittent and I'll be replacing it. Grüven has an upgraded motor for the actuator >HERE<

I don't know if mine is acting up from a weak motor or broken part within the actuator. I'm just gonna replace the whole thing. I'll autopsy the old one to determine the cause of death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia