Door ajar test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Quick question. Anyone know where the door ajar test function is in the tech-2 menu? I've been looking for awhile and can't find it.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And just to reinforce the obvious. When one of your door latches finally fails do not get the $30 one off Amazon. Just get the GM one or you're gonna do it twice.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
True that. The forum passed along that tidbit of info from the past. It allowed me to make a hard decision to turn a break in on the truck to insurance.

A broken door handle turned into an actuator, then the same on another door. Got the truck back and 48 hours later the 3rd door lost its handle and guts.

I would of been really bummed to do that job and trouble shoot one door, then another and then a third. There’s a learning curve, brittle parts and time I didn’t have. Turns out all the doors were being tugged on and monkey’d with for months so the poachers could get in when convenient.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I searched the Tech 2 Paths, and I did not find anything related to door ajar testing.

The only items that I found that you may wish to check out are the two following Tech 2 Paths.

Body Control Module – Body and Accessories > Doors > Special Functions
Door Jamb Switch – Body > Immobilizer > Special Functions > Input Tests

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn