Door access panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, good point. Mine has the same blank plate while my truck has the vent. Number for truck left vent is

On my Tahoe (2-door) there is a door vent in the metal door panel that has a flap inside it. On my truck, that door panel vent was non-functional and covered by the waterproofing plastic. It has the door vent on the outside.

I guess there’s a reason for it somewhere, lol. Maybe cab volume if I had to guess.
That makes sense. When I was searching the part, GM was calling it a Vent Valve.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If all else fails, pick up a sheet of thin gauge steel or Lexan from Home Depot and build your own.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or head to a salvage yard. The blank panels are going to be far and few between since the 2 doors were so uncommon. But a 4 door version should work. And if you want to make it like original, cover the back with Gorilla duct tape.

OP
OP
David Staines

David Staines

Reaction score
I was able to find them used but couldn't find anything new either flat or vented. Parts yard it is. I hate buying 20 year old plastic.

OP
OP
David Staines

David Staines

Reaction score
The odd thing with the blank plates is that they'd be susceptible to flex every time you closed the door. They have a very small border for the screw hole that could easily break. I think I'll go with the vents instead of the blank unless someone knows of a downside? It seems to be something GM would do simply for cost reduction on the 2drs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe