Dome/Courtesy Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SgtPreston

Reaction score
The switches provide the ground.
Which switches are you referring to that provide the ground - headlight, door jamb, tailgate . . .? I thought the various lights were linked with a common ground wire run to the various switches. When the door was opened, the jamb switch closed the ground and the lights came on - correct?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they’re grounded to G202 when a door (jamb switch) is opened.

The white wire on the door jamb connector should be hot at all times, so I’d start there. Jumping the white to black should check the integrity of the ground as well. I’m not sure where the convenience center is on a TBI, but on the 96+ it’s at the interior firewall by the parking brake.

Does the cigarette lighter work? It’s on the same circuit. The circuit’s 25A fuse is good and you have power to it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SgtPreston

Reaction score
Yes, they’re grounded to G202 when a door (jamb switch) is opened.

The white wire on the door jamb connector should be hot at all times, so I’d start there. Jumping the white to black should check the integrity of the ground as well. I’m not sure where the convenience center is on a TBI, but on the 96+ it’s at the interior firewall by the parking brake.

Does the cigarette lighter work? It’s on the same circuit. The circuit’s 25A fuse is good and you have power to it?
Yes, fuse block is on the interior firewall by the parking brake - I didn't think about the cigarette lighter so that's something else to check tomorrow - thanks for all the help.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which switches are you referring to that provide the ground - headlight, door jamb, tailgate . . .? I thought the various lights were linked with a common ground wire run to the various switches. When the door was opened, the jamb switch closed the ground and the lights came on - correct?
That's right the switch provides the ground for the dome/courtesy lights. All of the switches that control those lights provide the ground to complete the circuit including the keyless remote module.