Dogs, Puppies, post em up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 235186

My daughter did it. My wife and I had no idea she could paint/draw until last year. She’s only taken one art class. She just did this one for my brother who just lost his Puggle. I thought it was pretty cool that she added the Angel wings to it.
That’s pretty damn awesome. I love both of those paintings. So much heart.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s pretty damn awesome. I love both of those paintings. So much heart.

Thanks, I’ll let her know. All 3 of the dogs came from different rescue groups and she is going to do a painting with several different breeds for each of them with their groups names on them. The beagle is my daughter’s dog and he goes to Radford with her. The black lab/shepherd mix we got as a puppy, her mother was surrendered to a high kill shelter when she got pregnant. Luckily all the dogs were rescued. The big hound, we adopted right after we got the puppy, he was about 11 years old when we got him almost 4 years ago. He’s an awesome dog and was a huge influence on the puppy. He would correct her if she chewed on something she wasn’t supposed to. Now she corrects the beagle if he tries to do something bad. We were lucky they all bonded together. I wanted my kids to grow up with rescue dogs so they will continue the trend when they get places of their own. All of them plan on having 2 dogs each. We can’t save them all, but we do what we can. I’m glad that congress finally passed the law that animal cruelty is a federal crime now. Not sure why it wasn’t done years ago.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 235128
Our Bailey is relaxing after a hard day of napping.

He looks like my dog Cooper. What kind of hound is he? We have a lot of hounds at the rescue groups here in NoVa. In the rural areas, some hunters will turn their dogs in to the high kill shelters once the dog is no longer a good hunter. We have several rescue groups here who try to save as many as they can, but they need financial help. All our donations go to St Jude, Purple Heart, and rescue groups.

BB301801-2654-4183-9471-C3290E5A3B9F.jpeg B1071B5C-C761-4C0C-A2D8-A937F6DEE77F.jpeg 36E78D92-0CCC-4F2E-B381-3D6BB9CB76B6.jpeg

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two are mine and one in my son's.
View attachment 235190

Beautiful and smart ( sometimes too smart ) dogs. You won’t have to worry about anybody breaking in to your house. I had policeman tell me one time, that a BEWARE OF DOG SIGN is better than a security sign. He said a security sign like ADT just tells the burglars than you have nice stuff. The beware of dog sign tells them, just move on to the next house.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looks like my dog Cooper. What kind of hound is he? We have a lot of hounds at the rescue groups here in NoVa. In the rural areas, some hunters will turn their dogs in to the high kill shelters once the dog is no longer a good hunter. We have several rescue groups here who try to save as many as they can, but they need financial help. All our donations go to St Jude, Purple Heart, and rescue groups.

View attachment 235208 View attachment 235209 View attachment 235210
There is some similarities. Bailey is a Beagle/Brittany Spaniel mix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne