Dogs, Puppies, post em up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful and smart ( sometimes too smart ) dogs. You won’t have to worry about anybody breaking in to your house. I had policeman tell me one time, that a BEWARE OF DOG SIGN is better than a security sign. He said a security sign like ADT just tells the burglars than you have nice stuff. The beware of dog sign tells them, just move on to the next house.
I have an even better sign, courtesy of my Alaskan Husky who passed last year. He escaped once and killed a bunch of free range chickens in my neighborhood so he was placed on parole and temporarily labeled as potentially dangerous. It sits in my front window.

3FBEBA56-E8CE-4CC0-A983-02974E913763.jpeg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful and smart ( sometimes too smart ) dogs. You won’t have to worry about anybody breaking in to your house. I had policeman tell me one time, that a BEWARE OF DOG SIGN is better than a security sign. He said a security sign like ADT just tells the burglars than you have nice stuff. The beware of dog sign tells them, just move on to the next house.
Yes, they are too smart at times, for sure. It is amazing how they watch and learn your subtle day-to-day patterns of behavior around the house and yard. They know when I'm about to go out, almost as soon as I myself actually decide to go out.

And, when they hear that Gibson dual exhaust fire up when I start the truck remotely (parked 75 ft from the house), they go nuts, expecting me to take them out in the truck for a ride (which I usually do).

I have "Dog on Premise" signs on both ends on my semi-circular driveway, letting folks know these dogs exist, and not many folks enter the driveway these days, unless they have a specific purpose. The UPS guy pulls into the driveway, and if he sees the dogs, he sits in the truck and honks the horn, until I come out and round them up.

We have bears in our neighborhood, and a few years ago, they both stood between a bear and my wife in the driveway, barking and snarling. Of course, the bear could have torn them both apart if it really wanted to, but it chose instead to go back down the driveway and into the street.

Bear1.jpg Bear2.jpg

Last edited:

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are too smart at times, for sure. It is amazing how they watch and learn your subtle day-to-day patterns of behavior around the house and yard. They know when I'm about to go out, almost as soon as I myself actually decide to go out.

And, when they hear that Gibson dual exhaust fire up when I start the truck remotely (parked 75 ft from the house), they go nuts, expecting me to take them out in the truck for a ride (which I usually do).

I have "Dog on Premise" signs on both ends on my semi-circular driveway, letting folks know these dogs exist, and not many folks enter the driveway these days, unless they have a specific purpose. The UPS guy pulls into the driveway, and if he sees the dogs, he sits in the truck and honks the horn, until I come out and round them up.

We have bears in our neighborhood, and a few years ago, they both stood between a bear and my wife in the driveway, barking and snarling. Of course, the bear could have torn them both apart if it really wanted to, but it chose instead to go back down the driveway and into the street.

I grew up with a Rhodesian Ridgeback that saved my little sister from being attacked by a Great Dane. She tackled the Great Dane about 10’ before it got to my sister. It was an epic dog fight and it took a while to separate them. Every time I tried to pull my dog back, the other dog either tried to go after me or my sister and my dog would re-engage back in to the fight. The owner of the other dog was an ex-pro football player who was able to finally control his dog. His dog was torn up so bad, he had to have it put down. Our dog needed a $5K surgery which he payed without question. Things could have been a lot worse. I would love to have another one ( or 2 ), but they run about $1500 each. Right now, I’m happy to get my pups out of rescue groups who get their dogs from high kill shelters.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I grew up with a Rhodesian Ridgeback that saved my little sister from being attacked by a Great Dane. She tackled the Great Dane about 10’ before it got to my sister. It was an epic dog fight and it took a while to separate them. Every time I tried to pull my dog back, the other dog either tried to go after me or my sister and my dog would re-engage back in to the fight. The owner of the other dog was an ex-pro football player who was able to finally control his dog. His dog was torn up so bad, he had to have it put down. Our dog needed a $5K surgery which he payed without question. Things could have been a lot worse. I would love to have another one ( or 2 ), but they run about $1500 each. Right now, I’m happy to get my pups out of rescue groups who get their dogs from high kill shelters.

Thems lion huntin dogs!

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old neighbor had a Rhodesian and Mastiff mix named Rocco. He had the ridge of hair on his back. Pretty big dog, and he had an awesome bark. I loved that dog. He was just a cool, *****, protective guy.

That’s a hell of a mix. Would have loved to see that

Sarah_279

Reaction score
I'd love to rescue a Rhodesian ... maybe someday.
This is a great thread, bunch of cool dogs here!
This is my older gentleman, Ace... he's a blue Weimaraner, almost 14. Two years ago he had a hematoma in his ear and had to have surgery, so now that ear is wrinkly. (you can see from the pics) Other than some arthritis he's pretty healthy and still occasionally gets the puppy-zoomies.

Ace 12.jpg Ace 11.jpg Ace 13.jpg
(He's not allowed in this chair, BTW. Which is why he's refusing to look at me. He's allowed on allll the furniture except this one chair. Basically a toddler trapped in a crabby-old-man-dog-body but I love him)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons