Does your truck shift hard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Just wondering, Is it just these trannys? My truck always shifts a litle hard into second. And sometimes first. But all the other gears are fine. It seems i notice it most when creeping to a stop but not completely and then hitting the gas again before stopping.

Nxtnlne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 06 Vortec Max has the SS 6.0L with 4L70e and does shift quick and a little hard sometimes. If the trannys stock then it should shift smooth. I wouldnt doubt if you have some burnt clutch pad and debri floating around in there....But the Yukon however shifts light a friggn dream! I can't believe how smooth that XL is!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine shifts hard. Might be all those little billet servos, steels, clutches...

Sorry, you should find the 4l60e tranny to shift sluggish and spongy, not hard. I would have my tranny looked at by a tranny shop - do not go to the dealer.

B

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Mine shifts hard. Might be all those little billet servos, steels, clutches...

Sorry, you should find the 4l60e tranny to shift sluggish and spongy, not hard. I would have my tranny looked at by a tranny shop - do not go to the dealer.

B

I guess thats more or what im leaning towards , Its spongy. Its not like, Immediate like i want haha. Its more like, yea, im taking my time. But its only upshifting it happens really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jethro779