Does GMC give loaners on service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought in my esky for a catalytic converter replacement from the factory GM warranty and they gave me a 2014 Cadillac ATS.

Reaction score
I got one , in fact it was 2015 Tahoe with only 30 miles on it. I kept it a week, while my Z71 Silverado was at the dealer....

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a GMC business elite dealer they have to have loaners available. Not sure about Cadillac.

OP
OP
E

ecanem

Reaction score
So random bump. Took my Yukon to the Cadillac dealer because they were close bye and they said they couldn't give me the free oil change that gmc offers. I need my oil changed so I just said change it any way.

Edit: $76 later and I'm never going back there.

Last edited:

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats actually cheap. Price 8.5 quarts of 0w20 synthetic at your local parts store.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So random bump. Took my Yukon to the Cadillac dealer because they were close bye and they said they couldn't give me the free oil change that gmc offers. I need my oil changed so I just said change it any way.

Edit: $76 later and I'm never going back there.

They may be saying "I hope he never shows up again!" :roflbow:

OP
OP
E

ecanem

Reaction score
The main reason I'm not going back there is because it provides no benefit to me. The reason I went there was because its 10 minutes away vs 25+ for my gmc dealer. It's actually not even a nice caddy dealer. They are the same family of dealers too.

I called a few months ago and was told that it was no problem taking it there but I had to wait until the oil was below 15%. Of course when I came in this morning they say 'this isn't part of some type of program or something' as if they have no clue regarding the free Maintinence and tell me they don't cover anything. They also have 0 clue about the recalls I discussed on the phone Tuesday.

So $76 might be 'cheap' (although I can buy the same oil online for <$5 qt) it's very expensive compared to $0. Unfortunately I don't have the time to get to the gmc dealer before we head out of town next week.

Although now I still have 2 recalls out and I might as well use my free Maintinence for a tire rotation as I didn't get that.

So what I thought was going to be easier for me to use the caddy dealer ended up costing me $76 plus another trip to the dealer. I'm gonna see if I can get one to give me a loaner for the recall service.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main reason I'm not going back there is because it provides no benefit to me. The reason I went there was because its 10 minutes away vs 25+ for my gmc dealer. It's actually not even a nice caddy dealer. They are the same family of dealers too.

I called a few months ago and was told that it was no problem taking it there but I had to wait until the oil was below 15%. Of course when I came in this morning they say 'this isn't part of some type of program or something' as if they have no clue regarding the free Maintinence and tell me they don't cover anything. They also have 0 clue about the recalls I discussed on the phone Tuesday.

So $76 might be 'cheap' (although I can buy the same oil online for <$5 qt) it's very expensive compared to $0. Unfortunately I don't have the time to get to the gmc dealer before we head out of town next week.

Although now I still have 2 recalls out and I might as well use my free Maintinence for a tire rotation as I didn't get that.

So what I thought was going to be easier for me to use the caddy dealer ended up costing me $76 plus another trip to the dealer. I'm gonna see if I can get one to give me a loaner for the recall service.

I do agree that any GM dealer should be able to do the free oil changes though. I would say if you took a few minutes to contact GM, they would reimburse you with minimal hassle.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do agree that any GM dealer should be able to do the free oil changes though. I would say if you took a few minutes to contact GM, they would reimburse you with minimal hassle.

Probably send a box of chocolates too. :Good or Bad:

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was your "free oil change" program part of GM's 2 years of maintenance included plan or a dealer freebie?

If it's GM's plan any dealer can do it....it's attached to your VIN when they pull it up. If it's a dealer freebie then yes - you probably have to go back to the selling dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck