Does anyone have a picture I need!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'98customchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a picture of, or take a picture of, a canister relief valve on the 350 votec which is on the passenger side of the motor! I don't think mine is seating correctly on the motor, and I believe I am getting my vacuum leak from around that area of the engine. I have been trying to trace this upper manifold vacuum leak and I bought an auto stethoscope to try and just hone out some of the extra noise, and it seemed that all of the noise was coming from right around the canister relief valve and then I noticed that it doesn't look like I am seating it quite far enough down! Can anyone snap a picture for me so that I can see how it is supposed to look and then try and figure out why mine isn't seating correctly!

Thank you very much guys!!

Last edited:

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try to remove it and check for a torn o-ring. If the o-ring is torn then replace it and lube the seal with engine oil to easily seat it.

OP
OP

'98customchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I pulled it out and replaced the o-ring but it almost looks like the hole for it to go through the upper intake, and the hole for it to fall into the lower intake don't line up. Even though everything else on the intake lines up perfectly fine! So I am confused to like what exactly would make those holes look like they don't line up! I will pop a picture a.s.a.p when the temperature warms up in a few days and show you exactly what I am seeing that is causing me confusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz