Does 2015+ catback fit this generation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock catback looks pretty rough at 145k, I'd like to swap it out for the magnaflow.

I noticed the 07-13 does not have a resonator but the 15+ does. I really want a built in resonator at the tailpipe because I have headers.

For GMT900
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=12557808

For 2015+
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=12571573

Piping at the back looks about identical. I wonder if I can just get magnaflow to send me the resonator only.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the new body style will NOT fit... I've looked at the
the aftermarket stuff online...
IMO , I would not worry about the resonator.. It's really just there
to prevent a farting sound when your afm/dod kicks in
I will assume you don't have DOD/AFM if you are running headers

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, the wheel base is longer in the 15+ models, so I think this would
no longer be a bolt in thing.
What year is your FRC? I've got a 2000 Vert

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you also can have a resonator installed fairly cheap at a local exhaust shop. get the exhaust that fits your truck if your not a fan of how it sounds have one put in. 60-80 bucks for a stainless resonator to fit the stainless exhaust of the magnaflow.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up buying Corsa Touring. I will report back how it sounds.

Also, the wheel base is longer in the 15+ models, so I think this would
no longer be a bolt in thing.
What year is your FRC? I've got a 2000 Vert

I had a 1999 that trapped mid 120s in the 1/4. I wrecked it while driving like a dumbass on cold roads a few years ago.

I miss that car so much. So light. All it takes to run 10s in those is a good h/c/i setup.

I also had a cammed G8. For some dumb reason I sold that. That car was awesome. Last of a dying breed of large engine sedans. I need to find an 09 with blutooth and throw a maggie on it.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up buying Corsa Touring. I will report back how it sounds.

I had a 1999 that trapped mid 120s in the 1/4. I wrecked it while driving like a dumbass on cold roads a few years ago.

I miss that car so much. So light. All it takes to run 10s in those is a good h/c/i setup.

I also had a cammed G8. For some dumb reason I sold that. That car was awesome. Last of a dying breed of large engine sedans. I need to find an 09 with blutooth and throw a maggie on it.

I like the G8's too.. but they are hard to come by and expensive unless it's
a total POS
I'm still trying to get my Yukon to run "the way it should" with my Edelbrock
E-Force SC & Kooks Headers.. Still on stock DOD cam-(turned off of course)
I'm thinking I'm going to buy all the HP Tuners stuff and tweak the tune myself.
I can use it on my Vette too.
It runs fine, but sure is a gas pig.. It should not have cut my MPG in half,
And I've been back to the dyno twice...smh

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the G8's too.. but they are hard to come by and expensive unless it's
a total POS
I'm still trying to get my Yukon to run "the way it should" with my Edelbrock
E-Force SC & Kooks Headers.. Still on stock DOD cam-(turned off of course)
I'm thinking I'm going to buy all the HP Tuners stuff and tweak the tune myself.
I can use it on my Vette too.
It runs fine, but sure is a gas pig.. It should not have cut my MPG in half,
And I've been back to the dyno twice...smh

Yeah that's why I regret selling it so bad. I got it in 2015 for 17.5k with 45k miles. You can't even find them now for that price with that mileage.

Funny, I was just thinking of getting a tvs 1900 setup for my 5.3. I'm back and forth on leaving it the way it is, going to a 6.2, or putting a 1900 on it. It's not bad right now with the headers, baby cam. Certainly better than stock, but not as good as a 6.2 stock would be. The problem with the 5.3 is low end torque. You gotta really rev it out to feel the added power of the headers/cam.

I have hptuners and do my own tuning and building. Your tune probably has you going into power enrich with barely any throttle input at low rpm, which is why the MPG is so bad. It's probably set ultra safe like that so it doesn't melt a piston.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE