2007 PPV Tahoe magnaflow catback help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07PPVTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, still need to make an intro but need some help with something real quick. I have a 2007 ppv tahoe. Just bought the magnaflow catback 16672, I'm installing today after work. Can someone point me to the right bolts incase I have to replace the old ones, and is there a gasket? Googles not been very helpful and hard to look while at work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I keep coming up with exhaust manifold bolts.

System I bought

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bolts are you referring to?

The flex section has 2 studs that slide through into the Y pipe and have nuts on the engine side of that flange. That junction is just a metal to metal contact I believe (shaped metal - rounded). The rest of the system is just rubber hangers.

Depending on what that system comes with will dictate what you may or may not need.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bolts are you referring to?

The flex section has 2 studs that slide through into the Y pipe and have nuts on the engine side of that flange. That junction is just a metal to metal contact I believe (shaped metal - rounded). The rest of the system is just rubber hangers.

Depending on what that system comes with will dictate what you may or may not need.
That cat-back kit looks pretty complete. Like B-train says, the front attachment is a ball socket that uses no gaskets. The only potential issue could be if the nuts are rusted on the studs. You'll probably want to hose the stud down with Liquid Wrench/WD40, or some other good penetrating oil and let it sit while you work, and then carefully try to remove those nuts to start with. Loosen, then tighten, loosen a bit more, turn back, etc., until you get them both off. If you break one, stop, because you'll probably need to find a solution for that broken stud (drill it out and use bolts?) before you go any deeper into the exhaust system.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are rusted and you have a MAPP gas torch, you can heat them for a few minutes a couple times. As it cools, a quick spritz of penetrating oil can be applied and the heat will help draw it into the threads......just don't do it when red hot, it's flammable.

Or, just heat it and have a really good fitting socket on a ratchet handy to massage it loose. If they are rusted, you may have to "make" one fit, and then be gentle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos