Corsa vs Magnaflow Catbacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9Dall1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe them claimed power gains. Besides, stepping up the pipe size would mostly increase top end power, and possibly sacrifice a little low end power. Regardless, any of it is likely nothing you'd feel.

Also, unless your current piping is rusted or otherwise damaged or you just wanna be able to say "I bolted it on myself", I'm not a fan of the DIY cat-back kits. You can accomplish the same with a $30-$50 muffler (stainless steel MF clone) and having a shop or a friend weld it in. Add ~$20 or higher if you want fancy tips and a little more for pipe and labor if you wanna delete the resonator.

Both the MF and Corsa are straight-through designs. The MF muffles by using fiberglass and steel packing around a perforated core to absorb sound. The Corsa is like a few Helmholtz chambers rolled into overlapping tubes so it muffles by reflecting sound waves against themselves to cancel them out and attenuate the sound. It may also have some packing, but I can't confirm. Sound-wise, both muffle just fine and have nice sounds that are fairly similar. The Corsa is considerably more aggressive unless you get a smaller (shorter) MF. Performance-wise, both flow the same since the actual gasses are just traveling through a 3" diameter perforated stainless tube inside a can in either design.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a magna flow cat back. 14" muffler. Sounds perfect. not too loud, no drone on the highway. good purchase

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the corsa with headers and a resonator. It sounds amazing, I get compliments all the time. Even the cop who gave me a ticket recently for out of date inspection loved it hahaha

Without the resonator it is THROATY, I had to tone it down a bit with the vibrant resonator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094