Do you guys have a way to delete 15+ magnetic ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbraga

Reaction score
I just installed a set of Belltech shocks in the rear to match the ones I have up front. The Xineering kit should be showing up in the mail today or Monday. I have the air lines unhooked and plan on capping them eventually to avoid getting moisture in the system.

I have to say, after fighting the suspension on this thing for over a year, I am much happier with how it drives. It feels much tighter and more controlled. The Belltech shocks and Black Bear tune have finally made this a decent ride to drive around town
Did you get the kit from Xineering installed??

adam3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you get the kit from Xineering installed??

I did. Installed the new terminators from Xineering which got rid of the service light at start up. Without installing the height switch terminators the compressor will kick on randomly for 20 seconds or so throughout the day. After finally installing the height switch terminators a couple of weeks ago, the compressor runs for 30 to 45 seconds at start up and then stays off until next key cycle.

cbraga

Reaction score
I did. Installed the new terminators from Xineering which got rid of the service light at start up. Without installing the height switch terminators the compressor will kick on randomly for 20 seconds or so throughout the day. After finally installing the height switch terminators a couple of weeks ago, the compressor runs for 30 to 45 seconds at start up and then stays off until next key cycle.

So would you say that the kit works perfect? Any issues, or random warning lights? Looking to do this to my Denali but looking for all input I can get first. Why cant the fuse or power wire be pulled from compressor?

adam3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So would you say that the kit works perfect? Any issues, or random warning lights? Looking to do this to my Denali but looking for all input I can get first. Why cant the fuse or power wire be pulled from compressor?

Unplugging compressor would throw a warning light. Pulling the fuse made my steering feel heavier.

Only way I know of to bypass MRC without having codes and limiting speed is the Xineering kit. I am happy with it. It has worked exactly how they said it would.

I will say, I was able to get Black Bear to raise my speed limiter when they did my tune so the only issue I had before installing the Xineering kit was the warning light at start up

cbraga

Reaction score
Unplugging compressor would throw a warning light. Pulling the fuse made my steering feel heavier.

Only way I know of to bypass MRC without having codes and limiting speed is the Xineering kit. I am happy with it. It has worked exactly how they said it would.

I will say, I was able to get Black Bear to raise my speed limiter when they did my tune so the only issue I had before installing the Xineering kit was the warning light at start up
That's what I was hoping to hear, thank you!!

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s time to throw a set of Kings or adjustable fox on my 15i denali...
I hate this ride. Plus I’m getting used to my ZR2

fordfest

Reaction score
It is insane that we have to consider swapping out numerous suspension components on a SUV with a msrp of $80k+! We have owned 3 Yukon XL Denali over the past 15 years. While the styling and looks are great, the ride simply sucks. Due to the ride, we have countless rattles that can't seem to be corrected and the rear glass/spoiler keep coming loose, also due to the rough ride.

I'm actually giving it a full detail today to put it up for sale or trade it in. We have hit our max with this car. It is a shame that GM hasn't addressed the ride issue. I don't get it, just reprogram the computer or turn it off. There is no way this wasn't seen during development. Every visit to the dealer I mention how it has a horrible ride and ask if there is a TSB. All I get back is the deer in the headlights look. To my knowledge, our dealer has not made one phone call to GM about the issue.

We are still young enough we would have several more of Denali in our future if it is what we have come to expect from the 2007-14 models. That model had a couple of minor interior issues that were addressed with a simple low cost fix.

It makes us completely sick that we are at the point of getting rid of our Denali. At this point, we have no idea what we are going to replace it with. We have been loyal to GMC because we liked their full size SUV. If I could have back our 2007, we would gladly make the swap.

Sorry, to vent. This is the only place where people actually understand what we are dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an interview with one of the suspension engineer managers who was talking about the design of the Colorado ZR2. They were talking about why they went with the multimatics dssv over the Kings, and then specifically why not the mrc that they have for everything else.

He said that the mrc is a great street shock and works great on light vehicles with out s lot of movement. But that the Colorado with its 4500# and 8/10 inch travel just over powered the capabilities of the shock and would generate too much heat to work properly. That the mrc is so heat sensitive both in oil capacity but also hardware temp limits that it wouldn’t work very well..

Well this is why it sucks on our trucks. But I think GM is just so far in with it they can’t get rid of it. What would happen if the 2019 trucks had traditional shocks. Either no one would buy it, or they would be forced to admit they don’t work and suffer a rediculous recall (suspension that stops working when used) and cost fortunes.

They must be waiting for the next major chassis update/change. I bet they will go to a bespoke non adjustable company or something like the bilsteins with 3 settings controlled by the dash.

fordfest

Reaction score
There was an interview with one of the suspension engineer managers who was talking about the design of the Colorado ZR2. They were talking about why they went with the multimatics dssv over the Kings, and then specifically why not the mrc that they have for everything else.

He said that the mrc is a great street shock and works great on light vehicles with out s lot of movement. But that the Colorado with its 4500# and 8/10 inch travel just over powered the capabilities of the shock and would generate too much heat to work properly. That the mrc is so heat sensitive both in oil capacity but also hardware temp limits that it wouldn’t work very well..

Well this is why it sucks on our trucks. But I think GM is just so far in with it they can’t get rid of it. What would happen if the 2019 trucks had traditional shocks. Either no one would buy it, or they would be forced to admit they don’t work and suffer a rediculous recall (suspension that stops working when used) and cost fortunes.

They must be waiting for the next major chassis update/change. I bet they will go to a bespoke non adjustable company or something like the bilsteins with 3 settings controlled by the dash.

It would be great if they would go back. My son's 2500HD crew cab Denali rides better than our Yukon XL. It's crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, what's the cost of this xineering kit?? No one mentions that and I didn't see a price on the site.

We purchased a 2016 XL Denali 2 weeks ago and the 2012 lowered suburban on 24"s we traded in for it rode better. The PO did install a front level kit, which I know contributes to some of the ride/bump steer issues I'M having. That will be removed very soon. Also gonna be installing a 2/3-4 drop kit. Thing is, I really want he rear compressor to still be able to auto level the truck. We have 4 kids, so I would like to be level at all times, whether unloaded, or with vacation gear and all 6of us in there without having to go manually fill bags. Worked perfect in our 2012 Suburban. Kids got in, started vehicle, Voila! Auto level .