Do any manufacturer options require a Tahoe to be lifted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MLSassa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We recently got my wife a 2023 Tahoe Z71 and it didn't take long for us to notice that it appears to be a few inches higher than others that we see. The dealer didn't list any suspension options or modifications involving the ride height. The only option it has that I could conceivably see impacting it is the catback exhaust. Can anyone tell me if that requires a lift or is there something else I'm missing? We wouldn't mind it except we got the Tahoe to be a baby hauler and that's going to add a little more work to hauling babies.

Thanks!

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Z71's come leveled from the factory. My Z71 is about a quarter inch lower up front than in the rear. That should not prevent you from doing anything to the exhaust.

If you got the "Z71 Off Road Package" then you should have the adjustable air ride suspension.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We recently got my wife a 2023 Tahoe Z71 and it didn't take long for us to notice that it appears to be a few inches higher than others that we see. The dealer didn't list any suspension options or modifications involving the ride height. The only option it has that I could conceivably see impacting it is the catback exhaust. Can anyone tell me if that requires a lift or is there something else I'm missing? We wouldn't mind it except we got the Tahoe to be a baby hauler and that's going to add a little more work to hauling babies.

Thanks!

A few inches higher than the rest you see…thats crazy! They are already big at normal ride height. Do you have the air suspension?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Z71's come leveled from the factory. My Z71 is about a quarter inch lower up front than in the rear. That should not prevent you from doing anything to the exhaust.

If you got the "Z71 Off Road Package" then you should have the adjustable air ride suspension.

He got the factory optioned exhaust by the sounds of it. What he is saying is the tahoe sits a few inches higher than the rest he see’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan