DIY: High Flow Stock Airbox (Swiss Cheese Mod)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no regrets! I am completely satisfied with the mod. You gotta let her breathe!

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna try this one and see how it goes. I have a tune from Amazon Tuning Solutions, so hopefully it makes a noticeable difference...

tts1968

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This mod does work. Done it on my Yukon with K&N filter. Much better throttle response and awesome intake sound.......

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing this recently.

Anyone here who has done it have any regrets?

Ft.WorthHoe

Reaction score
I did this mod today and you can really tell a difference. The only thing that sucks is that mt CEL came on after I finished. Hopefully the computer will adjust and it will turn off.

Yukonboy2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the mod today to the '01, 2" hole cutter, 3 holes on flat bottom, 3 on angled bottom, one on the side facing the coolant tank. Accidentally cut into the stock airflow snorkel for the fender, oh well I guess. Nice open throttle "wooosh" when I get on it, and seems to breathe easier for sure. Thanks OP. One thing I did do is right after doing the mod, I unplugged the battery in the truck and let it sit for a few hours to let the computer reset. I forgot it would reset my stereo settings too.... Awesome mod. Thanks again OP.

kwood129

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So we should just read thru the entire forum to figure out what you are referring to? It would be nice to show the thread you believe is important and relevant to this discussion.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually this does nothing
this mythhasbeen busted
when they did the experiment the only way they increased horse power by a tad was running a hose outside the vehicle and sticking it on the front bumper and they increased it be 2 or 3 hp the factory intake gives the most hp over the aftermarket intakes as well as jerry riggen or modifying the factory system
and this is fact not opinion the cars were run on a dyno with each intake setup less HP every time

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

we also did experiments at UTI
some creative student who actually bought a K&N intake for his honda we stuck it on the dyno and it actually had less HP then the factory intake