Disable parking light flash when unlocked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok, does any one know how to disable the parking light flash when the truck is unlocked? is there like a secret wat to turn them off? or something to remove?
Im in a 200 tahoe with the factory alarm. thanks!

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
That's a REALLY old body style.

The 200 Tahoe....sorry, couldn't resist.

I have no idea how to do this. I'd like to find an easy way to not have my headlights flash when I autostart, too. That's ******* HID's.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
yea sorry 2001. Its super ******* HIDs and ive got my fogs wired into my parking lights so every time its unlocked, they flash. im just waiting for my bulbs to blow

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you are using the factory alarm, which is within the BCM, there is really no way.

Can you detail how you wired up the fogs?

If it were me, I would wire the fogs up using a combination of a switched ignition source and parking lamps. This way, the fogs would still activate with the parking lamps, but only with the ignition on. With the ignition off, you would only get the parking lamps flashing on/off.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
power is just spliced from the parking lights to the fog lights behind the switches on the dash. how would i have to add an ignition wire in there somewhere?

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
power is just spliced from the parking lights to the fog lights behind the switches on the dash. how would i have to add an ignition wire in there somewhere?

just add a relay and have it powered only with ign on

-<-to fogs
grnd->| - |<-ign
|<-from parking lights

that diagram should work but test it first, i take no responsibility for anything that happens to your vehicle :bleh:

fark i cant get it post the way i want it. anyway take
86 to ground
85 to +12v ign
30 +12v from parking light
87 to fog light, it will be switched +12v
87a leave blank

relaybot.jpg

Last edited:

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with waxworkz, as far as the headlights, when I installed a viper 5901 on my 2001, since the headlights will stay off if the parking brake is on, i made is so the viper activates the sensor for the parking brake while the remote start operation is on. If you have a 2003 up, or factory remote start, if may work differently, but at least gives more ideas. Almost anything can be accomplished with enough relays!! lol

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree with waxworks, but make sure that 87 to foglight is:

87 to 85 of foglight relay.

This is assuming that you added a relay between the parking lamps and the fog lights, which you should have for proper voltage.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree with waxworks, but make sure that 87 to foglight is:

87 to 85 of foglight relay.

This is assuming that you added a relay between the parking lamps and the fog lights, which you should have for proper voltage.

well i thought that was a given. i hope no one runs the wires directly to the fogs with out relays

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you, I, and others with experience, it definitely is a given. But for the DIY'er that is just getting started, and passing by this thread, I like to emphasize it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts