Dillema with my 3/5 drop..what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lose the helper bags...... unless your towing. I have a 3/5 McGaughy's and after cutting the bump stop brackets(running no bump stops)off I don't bottom out unless I'm doing like 50 and hit a huge dip in the road and the momentum just sucks the ass down..... If you haven't you can also remove the isolators(plastic things in the spring seats). Mine are gone with no ill effects, I think they are just to reduce noise but I have not heard any additional noise since removing them.

but...... I also drive like an old man and don't have a bunch of knuckleheads piled in my ride. It's usually just me, my wife, and baby girl. I don't roll my 3rd row seats or a spare so that is about 200lbs I don't have in the ass.

i dont even have them plumbed up right now, but i will have to i have a feeling..i have 250 lbs of audio, plus a yellow top battery, and always have a bunch of people with me, plus the spare tire lol..

So ill cut off the bumpstop brackets and get some new shocks...ill pick up some belltechs and hook up my helper bags..

i also have a really annoying squeak from the front..do shocks squeak when they go bad? every little crack in the road it squeaks and really pisses me off..ive already sprayed the control arm bushings and sway bar bushings and that didnt help, gotta grease the balljoints and stuff too..would those squeak?

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the stock shocks and run drop shocks. Free travel mod will make a world of difference for that road trip. Keep that front suspenion greased up. Every time i change my oil, i hit up all the zircs.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the stock shocks and run drop shocks. Free travel mod will make a world of difference for that road trip. Keep that front suspenion greased up. Every time i change my oil, i hit up all the zircs.

when i swap in the 6.0 ill mess with the back and get it done all at once..

do the motor swap, trans kit, tie rods idler/pitman arm, crank the pass side down 3/4 of an inch, get an alignment, free travel mod and new shocks..should be a whole new truck after that weekend lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts