Digital TV in dash -- need antennae and power help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For $39 I was able to buy this TV tuner + remote + antenna for my 07 Escalade.

When I plugged it in, this happened. Perfect!

success.jpg

I have a 4000W inverter that I intend to mount under the hood and run power under my passenger seat. Finding a switched source at the box will be interesting.

However, I need to find a way to mount a good antenna somewhere in the truck or on top. Any ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
inside or under the rear appliques, you could run 2 short antenna's one on each side, anymore though broadcast tv is kind of old school (although free!) you could get a hotspot and a roku and just run hdmi to the monitor and have thousands of things to watch.

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inside or under the rear appliques, you could run 2 short antenna's one on each side, anymore though broadcast tv is kind of old school (although free!) you could get a hotspot and a roku and just run hdmi to the monitor and have thousands of things to watch.
Thanks. My 07 only has composite inputs. (Yes I know it's old and I've test driven new Escalades. I'm going to push this to 200K)

I do have an extra Roku and unlimited data though...

FWIW: I want this for tornadoes and college football. Sometimes we get tornadoes hitting OKC and our local news is A+. I also chase them :/

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. My 07 only has composite inputs. (Yes I know it's old and I've test driven new Escalades. I'm going to push this to 200K)

I do have an extra Roku and unlimited data though...

FWIW: I want this for tornadoes and college football. Sometimes we get tornadoes hitting OKC and our local news is A+. I also chase them :/
you can adapt hdmi to composite, either way looks good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop