Diesel has better warranty than gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s pretty much the standard in diesel truck offerings. Everybody does it, so it’s going to be hard for any manufacturer to back away from that, it would be perceived as a lack of confidence.

OP
OP

100cars

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s pretty much the standard in diesel truck offerings. Everybody does it, so it’s going to be hard for any manufacturer to back away from that, it would be perceived as a lack of confidence.
Interesting. I did not know that. Thanks for the feedback.

OP
OP

100cars

Reaction score
Tbh, it’s ONLY better if you hit 90,000+ miles come 5 yrs. otherwise, if you drive like me - 5-6K a year the gas engine will still be covered for the 5 yrs.
Yes, that's true. I used to drive a lot more for work than I do, but I think I have a reasonable chance of hitting 20K per year in this. I think a lot of the people who will be attracted to the diesel will be more likely to drive alot. Just my guess.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's true. I used to drive a lot more for work than I do, but I think I have a reasonable chance of hitting 20K per year in this. I think a lot of the people who will be attracted to the diesel will be more likely to drive alot. Just my guess.
I looked at the diesel for an option as well but my eight year old car only has like 41,000 miles on it so I only drive like 5 to 6000 miles a year; it wasn’t worth it for me. I keep hearing the emission system has heat up in order to work properly/ diesels are meant to be worked, so I decided against diesel.

sounds better for your situation though. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700