Did Rough Country ever make a 4" spindle lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittlePearl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Central Coast (SLO county), California.
i'm just trying to figure out if this dude is full of shit or not.

http://slo.craigslist.org/pts/3166194146.html

Just emailed him this morning, no reply yet.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Also, I realize spindles only work out-of-box for 2wd trucks. I was also wondering if you can get JUST a diff drop box by itself somewhere?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know they made them but yours is 4x4 in concept they are the same thing but i was always told the spindle refers to a 2wd truck and knuckle is 4x4
On a rear wheel drive truck, the spindle is basically part of the knuckle that the bearings for the front wheel ride on. It's the "axle" in a sense that the front wheels freely spin on. a 4wd wheel drive vehicle, the hub bearing is bolted to the knuckle, and the splined end of the half-shaft (CV-shaft, stub-axle) that drives the hub is the closest thing to a spindle

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
There was a member on gmt400forum that bought just the 4" lift kit for the front axle direct from rough country. IIRC he got a pretty good deal on it.

That CL ad is for a 2wd lift. The only thing useful for your truck would be the blocks. Pass on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo