Did GMC make a factory Sub-woofer for the driver rear compartment panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha. Name calling. I have been scolded on this forum by a Mr. Know-It-All-Always Right guy who obviously knew more than I. I thought it childish. Ridiculous.
But that's not the point on this particular thread.
I too am interested in a subwoofer for my 2004 Denali. I think there is a lot more to it than just the woofer and not sure if the factory sound system would support it (a replacement) being that more amps are required to run it. Also a source for the signal?
My take is if its not designed for it then be prepared to replace the entire head unit. I know Crutchfield has various head units that may replace the existing BOSE unit. Then there's the OnStar unit that works with it and I know the door chime and alert chimes go through the speakers. A lot to contend with. Not my field for sure. I have moderate experience gained from years of making mistakes.

My take is most people on these forums are just searching for answers. Maybe even new to forums or this forum and probably less skilled or knowledgeable than many others. Everyone has their questions, if you know the answer, help 'em out or choose remain silent.
- Best to everyone.
true I didn't think of the amp maybe not having the sub output signal, basically perhaps one oem amp being 4 channel and another being 5 channel, even years ago there was not much information on this out there other than a few random web post's, you may have to go dig around in the bone yards and try to find a truck with the sub and pull the amp behind the glove box as well, maybe even the harness.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true I didn't think of the amp maybe not having the sub output signal, basically perhaps one oem amp being 4 channel and another being 5 channel, even years ago there was not much information on this out there other than a few random web post's, you may have to go dig around in the bone yards and try to find a truck with the sub and pull the amp behind the glove box as well, maybe even the harness.

Amp was located under the center console in the ones I seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amp was located under the center console in the ones I seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
some of the early nbs had the amp behind the glove box, not sure what year they moved them to the center console it may also depend on if it had Bose or not.