Did GMC make a factory Sub-woofer for the driver rear compartment panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll keep "scaring the shit out of" those who put zero effort into doing their part, and you can keep going behind them and wiping their tears and their bum bum.. In whatever order you prefer.

Wow, you sound like a miserable person, or just someone having a shit day. Chill dude, and get over yourself. This site doesn't have any rules over what questions can and can't be asked. So what, if he's asked a question that's been asked 20 times, we can answer it for the 21st time and steer him nicely to areas where the walls of information are. Or on the other hand, if a simple question gets you so upset, why not ignore it and just move on with your day? There's so many other, more important things to get bent out of shape over. We are all supposed to be forum friends here with a handshake attitude, try and have a nice day.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okey dokey ********, I'll be sure to pass that along

Wow, you sound like a miserable person, or just someone having a shit day. Chill dude, and get over yourself. This site doesn't have any rules over what questions can and can't be asked. So what, if he's asked a question that's been asked 20 times, we can answer it for the 21st time and steer him nicely to areas where the walls of information are. Or on the other hand, if a simple question gets you so upset, why not ignore it and just move on with your day? There's so many other, more important things to get bent out of shape over. We are all supposed to be forum friends here with a handshake attitude, try and have a nice day.

Grow up you two, (you're also the two that resorted to childish name calling). I was trying to MOTIVATE this person to look for their own answers. In this case and many others, when they do, they will find much more information then what they know they are looking for. A two minute search would have saved this poster not only the money they were already trying to spend, but another five threads with similar questions. They CLEARLY put ZERO effort into finding their own answers.

This site has many people who will help, but its also a wealth of knowledge an experience if you just TRY to look for it. I've never met an overly sensitive car person (other than you two), and I took an angle of a little shaming to get there, (while still helping more than what they asked). I've stated my point several times, I'm done wasting energy on this conversation.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's keep it civil guys. I've handed out warnings to those that deserved them. This place isn't the place for being rude to those asking questions and looking to learn. If you can't be respectful and think of something constructive to say I'd suggest you move along.

Thanks!

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's keep it civil guys. I've handed out warnings to those that deserved them. This place isn't the place for being rude to those asking questions and looking to learn. If you can't be respectful and think of something constructive to say I'd suggest you move along.

Thanks!
The only post that was constructive in this thread, you just deleted. It was the only one that answered the OP, plus helped them more than what they knew to ask for. There was a little shaming because it seemed like the appropriate angle. I was trying to "help guide them in their quest through this website". I was trying to teach them to fish.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grow up you two, (you're also the two that resorted to childish name calling). I was trying to MOTIVATE this person to look for their own answers. In this case and many others, when they do, they will find much more information then what they know they are looking for. A two minute search would have saved this poster not only the money they were already trying to spend, but another five threads with similar questions. They CLEARLY put ZERO effort into finding their own answers.

This site has many people who will help, but its also a wealth of knowledge an experience if you just TRY to look for it. I've never met an overly sensitive car person (other than you two), and I took an angle of a little shaming to get there, (while still helping more than what they asked). I've stated my point several times, I'm done wasting energy on this conversation.
it's called being nice, maybe you should try that approach, I'm as thick skinned as anyone you will ever meet, if you can dish it out I can dish it right back but this isn't the place for that and I was simply calling you on being rude to someone that didn't deserve it. go be miserable somewhere else.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only post that was constructive in this thread, you just deleted. It was the only one that answered the OP, plus helped them more than what they knew to ask for. There was a little shaming because it seemed like the appropriate angle. I was trying to "help guide them in their quest through this website". I was trying to teach them to fish.
You were being a rude, arrogant, ******** and we don't do that here. You can "teach someone to fish" without being a douche about it. If you don't like how we do things here you're more than welcome to find a new "home". The interwebz is a big place :waytogo:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You were being a rude, arrogant, ******** and we don't do that here. You can "teach someone to fish" without being a douche about it. If you don't like how we do things here you're more than welcome to find a new "home". The interwebz is a big place :waytogo:
Well said! This isn’t one of those forums where you’re shamed right out the door. There’s plenty of those already.

oldchev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha. Name calling. I have been scolded on this forum by a Mr. Know-It-All-Always Right guy who obviously knew more than I. I thought it childish. Ridiculous.
But that's not the point on this particular thread.
I too am interested in a subwoofer for my 2004 Denali. I think there is a lot more to it than just the woofer and not sure if the factory sound system would support it (a replacement) being that more amps are required to run it. Also a source for the signal?
My take is if its not designed for it then be prepared to replace the entire head unit. I know Crutchfield has various head units that may replace the existing BOSE unit. Then there's the OnStar unit that works with it and I know the door chime and alert chimes go through the speakers. A lot to contend with. Not my field for sure. I have moderate experience gained from years of making mistakes.

My take is most people on these forums are just searching for answers. Maybe even new to forums or this forum and probably less skilled or knowledgeable than many others. Everyone has their questions, if you know the answer, help 'em out or choose remain silent.
- Best to everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094