Detailing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Ok guys, how do you guys do it?

Once I wash and clay my vehicle. I bought the Collinite 840 and 845. Can I just use the Collinite 840 and then the 845 to wax it? Or do I need a polish and or a glaze?

Is there anything else you guys recommend?

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of the chemical guys wax lineup will work fantasticly. I use their white light product on my silver birch metallic paint. They also make a product called blacklight designed for dark paints. Also, trinova, who's a forum supportibg vendor, makes excellent wax products.

OP
OP
T

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
so I just read that Collinite 840 isn't recommended for dark clear coat finishes.......

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, how do you guys do it?

Once I wash and clay my vehicle. I bought the Collinite 840 and 845. Can I just use the Collinite 840 and then the 845 to wax it? Or do I need a polish and or a glaze?

Is there anything else you guys recommend?

Glad to know more folks are learning about Collinite. I haven't tried the 840 pre-wax, but the 845 wax is, by far, the best and easiest and longest-lasting wax I've ever used.

If your paint is in good shape and has few swirls or noticeable defects, go ahead with the Collinite. If you see issues, use a gentle compound such as Meguiars Ultimate Compound and then I'd go straight to Collinite 845.

You won't believe your paint afterwards------it'll look wet and feel as if it's been dipped in pure melted butter.

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
Damn! That's one heck of an endorsement... I'm intrigued now.

OP
OP
T

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Glad to know more folks are learning about Collinite. I haven't tried the 840 pre-wax, but the 845 wax is, by far, the best and easiest and longest-lasting wax I've ever used.

If your paint is in good shape and has few swirls or noticeable defects, go ahead with the Collinite. If you see issues, use a gentle compound such as Meguiars Ultimate Compound and then I'd go straight to Collinite 845.

You won't believe your paint afterwards------it'll look wet and feel as if it's been dipped in pure melted butter.

my 2016 Iridium Denali looks great, so after claying, you say go straight to the collinite 845? no polish or glaze?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your vehicle is virtually new, so I'd recommend going straight to Collinite 845. A little goes a long way, so apply it very sparingly and buff out within 10 minutes.

Post pics.

OP
OP
T

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Collinite 845 is like magic!

I clay bar'd my Denali and then went straight to the Collinite 845, as suggested and it came out fantastic. Thanks for the suggestion

I actually contacted Collinite regarding the 840. I had planned to use it on an older black truck. They Guy said not to use the 840 on my black or dark clear coats vehicles. He quickly offered to send me a bottle of another prewax that they are working on to try on my truck. Im gonna try it out when I can get the weather to cooperate down here....

Their customer service is top notch. Very helpful. I would say not only is their product great but their customer service is awesome.